Problem with DXi Synth (TTS-1)

Author
anilo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
2005/08/08 01:15:40 (permalink)

Problem with DXi Synth (TTS-1)

I was trying to use the DXi synth with a midi file. But the sound came out completely distorted. This is true using both Kontakt or the Cakewalk TTS-1 ... when U play a note the sound is distorted, completely noise.

Well I noticed that if I oped Kontakt alone (not as a DXi) by default is selected the DirectSound of my soundcard. In this manner sounds came out distorted. If I select Multimedia the sounds came out correct. The problem is that this setup is not available in Sonar for Kontakt as a Dxi. And also is not available in the TTS-1 Cakewalk.

How to fix this problem ? I know my audio card is low level (is the one sold with my laptop) but is it posibile to change the audio card from DirectSound (default) to Multimedia ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Related Threads

dreamkeeper
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2141
    RE: Problem with DXi Synth (TTS-1) 2005/08/08 06:29:52 (permalink)
    So does anything play properly in Sonar? Did you try with audio only?

Go to options > audio - advanced tab, see what options you have for driver mode and try another one. Check latency settings, try increasing latency, MME does not work with low latency. A Sonar restart may be required.

You may want to get ASIO/WDM drivers for your soundcard, google ASIO4ALL. In the long run you should consider a decent audio interface. HTH

werner
    anilo
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30
    RE: Problem with DXi Synth (TTS-1) 2005/08/10 04:46:47 (permalink)
    That Advanced Tab works. The driver was WDM and I changed to MME and now everything works fine. I'll check also that ASIO4ALL and obiuvsly I am looking at a good sound card (Edirol or M-Audio expecially). Anyway at the moment I Use Sonar as a Synth so sound card is not a primary need.
    bermuda
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Problem with DXi Synth (TTS-1) 2005/08/10 10:00:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: anilo

That Advanced Tab works. The driver was WDM and I changed to MME and now everything works fine. I'll check also that ASIO4ALL and obiuvsly I am looking at a good sound card (Edirol or M-Audio expecially). Anyway at the moment I Use Sonar as a Synth so sound card is not a primary need.

Sonar as a synth ??????????

You paid $XXX for something to use it as a synth ....eek

Yes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1