Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy

Author
djkepi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
2005/08/09 06:22:52 (permalink)

Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy

I just wanted to say how happy I am with the 4.0.3 patch.
As a professional producer, the inability to move data, update arrangements and be dynamic in Sonar was a hinderance.
Now, it works great! I have the freedom to create like I experience in other tools.

Teamed up with Project 5 version 2, you have a system that you can feel proud to show your Logic Mac snobs.
Just add this "bionic delay" plug in and make them drool over a "stereo" tape delay, for free!!!
http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

Now if we can just get sonar to treat instrument plug ins the same way as in project 5 and logic, we would have a home run. Always routing a midi track "AND" and audio track gets really old. Plus, the midi/dxi parameter/controller automation in Sonar is still weak compared to Project and Logic.

But overall, great job. I love it.

dj kepi
www.djkepi.com

5 Replies Related Threads

napsack
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy 2005/08/09 18:49:30 (permalink)
    Yeah I just got a chance to really play with 4.0.3 today, and it is MUCH more "fluid" feeling... For me, the only thing missing is being able to fly the transport during playback. That drives me nuts. I use Tracktion a lot for developing rough song sketches, and the ability to just hit left arrow, right arrow during playback to fly backward and forward is sooooo nice.. Drives me nuts that in SONAR I can't even to the CTRL-PGUP to go back measures during playback.. Really you can't go backward without stopping or hitting the nav window... unless I'm missing something.
    Kered
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy 2005/08/09 19:08:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: napsack
    Drives me nuts that in SONAR I can't even to the CTRL-PGUP to go back measures during playback.. Really you can't go backward without stopping or hitting the nav window... unless I'm missing something.

Maybe you are missing something, because CTRL-PageUp and PageDown jump around the measures for me during playback. Perhaps you somehow messed up the key bindings setup?
    Harvey Cedars
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1225
    RE: Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy 2005/08/09 20:26:32 (permalink)
    It is working good for me as well.

I do not ask too much from Sonar, I do not use the automation or envelope features, nor do I use the keyboard for anything but typing in titles and such (I have a control surface with button bindings and transport controls). I also render all my soft synths and samples to audio right away.

So I am not encountering many of the problems I read about on the 4.0.3 threads.
    napsack
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy 2005/08/09 20:42:42 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Kered
    Maybe you are missing something, because CTRL-PageUp and PageDown jump around the measures for me during playback. Perhaps you somehow messed up the key bindings setup?

Hmmm... Weird.. Ctrl-PgDown works, although I would like to be able to skip around time-wise and not just measure-wise, but when I hit Ctrl-PgUp it goes to the previous measure, but won't go back any further (i.e. if I hold down CTRL-PGUP it just gets stuck in a loop playing the beginning of the previous measure, but I can't go back say 2 or more measures)..

Not the end of the world, but I would like to be able to use the left and right arrows to move the transport in a time-based fashion during playback (shoot, even when not playing back) similar to Tracktion (and I believe nTrack was this way as well).
    crash_3210
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 916
    RE: Good Job Cakewalk, Sonar w/ 4.0.3 finally makes my life easy 2005/08/10 03:05:45 (permalink)
    i got your same problem with CTRL-Page Up / Down... it used to work in SONAR 2.2 but Since 3.00 they don't anymore
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1