lock-up problem

Author
mikehattem
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 195
2005/08/09 21:49:45 (permalink)

lock-up problem

I am running SONAR4 PE and all of a sudden whenever I try to Bounce tracks or export a mix SONAR stops responding... I've never had this problem before and haven't made any changes to the settings of my PC or S4. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I have to reinstall - also if I do reinstall can I just do it over the program or do i have to uninstall it first? PLEASE HELP I AM DEMOING SONGS FOR A NEW RECORD

Mike
national-steel.net

5 Replies Related Threads

daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: lock-up problem 2005/08/09 23:30:11 (permalink)
    PLEASE HELP I AM DEMOING SONGS FOR A NEW RECORD

Yeah....you and everyone else in here. You think you're special?

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    dbmusic
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1150
    RE: lock-up problem 2005/08/10 00:30:02 (permalink)

Another "sound" piece of advice from a Sonar pro. What ****!

mikehattem:

You might look at what has changed in your computer. Any new processes running in the background? Any new hardware added? There is generally some hardware/software change that will precipitate sudden instability. Have you defragged your hd lately?

Did you just update to 4.0.3? If so, reinstall Sonar back to 4.0.2. And yes, IMO you should always uninstall before reinstalling. Other than a few minutes downtime, Sonar makes in pretty painless.

Good luck. I've been dealing with sporadic Sonar lockups for sometime now and what you got from the previous poster is about as good advice as you'll get from these so-call Sonar pros.

db
    Richard Brian
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3519
    RE: lock-up problem 2005/08/10 00:36:14 (permalink)
    I am running SONAR4 PE and all of a sudden whenever I try to Bounce tracks or export a mix SONAR stops responding... I've never had this problem before and haven't made any changes to the settings of my PC or S4. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I have to reinstall - also if I do reinstall can I just do it over the program or do i have to uninstall it first?

This is almost always because of a bad Plugin. Load the project in Safe Mode, answer no to everything, then try the bounce. If that works, then reload the project and answer no to the last new plugins added to the project.

PS: Try unchecking Fast Bounce when exporting or bouncing tracks. Some synths especially don't like Fast Bounce.
    post edited by Richard Brian - 2005/08/10 00:43:59
    mikehattem
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 195
    RE: lock-up problem 2005/08/10 06:36:55 (permalink)

What an idiot!! Are you serious??? Give me a break. Obviously I posted here because I know there are loads of people who would understand my predicament (I can't believe I'm responding to that childish, idiotic reply)...

TO RICHARD AND DB:

I haven't updated yet so that aint it. I've never loaded a project in SAFE mode... can you tell me how to do it?? THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT GUYS. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

"Special" Mike
    Tonmann
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 661
    RE: lock-up problem 2005/08/10 06:55:44 (permalink)
    Loading in "safe-mode" is done by keeping the "shift" key pressed while opening a project file.
    Sonar will then ask you for every plugin if it should be loaded or not.
    Be careful when saving this project afterwards! All plugins that have been omitted this way will be lost in the arrangement if you re-save it, so better save with with a differnt filename.

cheers,
    Chris

...maybe I never realized the joy till the joy was gone...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1