Things I would like to see in v3 (related to stage performance)

Author
scha038
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 288
2005/08/11 03:48:03 (permalink)

Things I would like to see in v3 (related to stage performance)

I am going to use Project5 on stage but wondered which way to go, Ableton Live5 or Project5, I think I will go for Project5, because I can use my synth presets from the softsynths used in Sonar, straight in to Project5 and it supports DX/DXi, Live not and I don't feel having to use another set of VST versions. Which gives me the advantage to get my Sonar song up and running within Project5 within half an hour. There are some things I would really like to see as a stage performance tool. This is my main purpose for Project5, not as a arranging tool

- Ability to have larger matrix view. both in heigt and width. Maybe to whole screen together with..........(see next itme)

- in the lower part (inspector view) a simple kind of mixer that shows both levels and level indicator. specially the main level in the upper right corner is very!!!! small

- a show only used matrix(es). So unused matrix rows are hided

- Ability to choose matrix clip colors, so I can easely see "grouping parts" drums: blue, basses: red etc.

- Remote control matrix clips (triggering) also using a computer keyboard

- a "F11", full screen option

- a X/Y pad for realtime controlling parameters

Most things mentioned above is to have only the neccassery tools on screen, as BIG! as possible on your screen when performing live.

4 Replies Related Threads

scha038
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 288
    RE: Things I would like to see in v3 (related to stage performance) 2005/08/11 04:43:42 (permalink)
    - also a possibility to "smoothly" switch songs. a kind of pre-listed song list. thing is that now you can't switch to another song without opening a new one, wait for it to load and start. This isn't the way it should be using it live.
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: Things I would like to see in v3 (related to stage performance) 2005/08/11 12:22:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: scha038

Most things mentioned above is to have only the neccassery tools on screen, as BIG! as possible on your screen when performing live.

Hi John, and Welcome to the forum!
    Try this Link Here To Run Project 5 Ver. 2 in Full screen mode!(courtesy of René...) It works exceptionally well on my machine.
    The actual file is here.
    What you do is down load the file, and the unzip it to your Project 5 ver. 2 directory. Create a shortcut to P5 fullscreen.exe on your desktop. Then you start P5 as normal. Once it's up and running Click on the P5 fullscreen.exe shortcut and WHAM!
    P5 Full screen.
    To Quit hit Cntrl/Q.
    HTH,
    -MDK
    post edited by MurderDethKill - 2005/08/11 12:44:42

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    wz061s
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 385
    RE: Things I would like to see in v3 (related to stage performance) 2005/08/12 04:02:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MurderDethKill

Hi John, and Welcome to the forum!
    Try this Link Here To Run Project 5 Ver. 2 in Full screen mode!(courtesy of René...) It works exceptionally well on my machine.
    The actual file is here.
    What you do is down load the file, and the unzip it to your Project 5 ver. 2 directory. Create a shortcut to P5 fullscreen.exe on your desktop. Then you start P5 as normal. Once it's up and running Click on the P5 fullscreen.exe shortcut and WHAM!
    P5 Full screen.
    To Quit hit Cntrl/Q.
    HTH,
    -MDK

I was wishing for full screen as well - thanks for posting the link.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Things I would like to see in v3 (related to stage performance) 2005/08/12 07:20:12 (permalink)
    - a X/Y pad for realtime controlling parameters

Welcome to the forum, John!

Check out the Cakewalk Plasma FXPad. It is an on-screen effects controller / automation control surface you operate with the mouse/joystick. I wrote an article about it here: http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php/Project5_FXPad_Control_Surface

Plus, more links to articles about it here: http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php/Software_List#FXPad

-Techead
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1