How bout a better piano roll cakewalk?!

Author
LIMITAPROACHINGINFINITY
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
2005/08/11 23:38:34 (permalink)

How bout a better piano roll cakewalk?!

No, not in version five! As a courtesy upgrade.. One that can expand inside the track lanes. One that is easier to use. Seriously if they plan on making version five just a few little enhancements and redoing the things they should have done in version 4, then im switching to cubase. No offense to anyone, i love sonar just not the midi. Cake is just portraying that all they care about is money.

1 Reply Related Threads

theblue1
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: How bout a better piano roll cakewalk?! 2005/08/12 00:43:47 (permalink)
    I don't know what the other DAW/sequencer folks are doing these days -- but how about a "property view" like a lot of design and developing software's have?

IOW, when you put the focus on a given note (perhaps with the ability to 'tab' from one note to another for no-mouse work in bigger jobs) the various values open in a fixed work area to the bottom or side (or floating might be nice... a lot of programs have a floating/docking property window) where you can quickly get at them.

I know some folks will say, What does it take to right click on a note?

Yeah, sure. But what if you have to edit 20 or 30, one after another (and it's not something you can do with a global edit or a CAL prg).

I'm sure there are a lot of better ideas floating around, too. I just know that note editing is always something that's seemed awkward in CW/Sonar.

But -- hey -- I love it and I've used it since 1996. (Why do we all have to make these loyalty oath things, now? I don't get that feeling from CW -- but the roving packs of 'anti-hater' vigilantes gets a bit old when you're just trying to get answers or make suggestions.)
    post edited by theblue1 - 2005/08/12 00:48:54
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1