OT: SONAR Wiki unveiled

Author
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
2005/08/12 00:40:45 (permalink)

OT: SONAR Wiki unveiled

Hey folks,

Mike West and I put up the beginnings of the new SONAR Wiki to augment the SONAR forum just as the Project5 Wiki augments this forum.

There may be some common material between these Wikis that some people may be interested in. They do not share a database with each other but we can easily cross-link articles between Wikis where. If you want to post to the SONAR Wiki you'll need to sign up for an account on it (since it is separate from your P5 Wiki account). It currently does not have the 'offline' antispam signup feature invoked (so it works like the P5 Wiki signup originally did).

I have endeavored to fill it full of beginning content--firstly by copying the SONAR FAQ that seems to be long dead on the SONAR forum into the Wiki (hoping that people will update the FAQ now that it is in a form we can all edit). I arranged it into sections similar to the Project5 Wiki for now but it could change if people start editing it.

Thought you'd like to know of yet another useful resource. Jump in, get an account, and post some items. The hardware and software pages could be filled in more. Lots of room for additions to the documentation/tutorial page as well.

-Techead

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: OT: SONAR Wiki unveiled 2005/08/13 11:48:29 (permalink)
    I find it interesting that you got no reaction here, and such a *ahem* varied response over at the Sonar forum. I hope that things begin to take off with the "new" Wiki, as the mob mentality has started to quiet down over there. It'll be a Herculean task to document all that needs to be from Sonar, but perhaps it might be easier for some potential contributers to add to it if they remove those huge chips from their shoulders. I'll include myself in that category, but coming from an entirely different mind-set.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: OT: SONAR Wiki unveiled 2005/08/13 12:52:52 (permalink)
    Here I just wanted to make the announcement for those who may ignore the SONAR forum.

But the response in the SONAR forum was varied. I had know idea how it would go over, but I think in the big picture the Wiki will be a great resource. At least two people have attempted to gain access to begin contributing but ran into some roadblocks--with those lifted I hope they will continue their interest. From there it will grow...I have no doubt.

So far I think the combination of the Wiki and the forum is excellent for exposing these products. Cakewalk staff like Brandon have certainly given the P5 wiki an applause which is also a good sign. The same should hold true for the SONAR forum.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1