Drums – tempo match to MIDI

Author
Ned
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2005/08/12 04:24:37 (permalink)

Drums – tempo match to MIDI

Could somebody please help – I have some MIDI files at 230 bpm to which I would like to add drum loops (or MIDI drums).
My problem is that is that most existing loops or MIDI drums sound like machine gun fire at this temp. – Is there any way I can slow the drums down , keep them in sync, and still keep my melody at the same tempo?
Many thanks,
Ned

1 Reply Related Threads

LoopJunkie
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2466
    RE: Drums – tempo match to MIDI 2005/08/12 06:12:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Ned

Could somebody please help – I have some MIDI files at 230 bpm to which I would like to add drum loops (or MIDI drums).
    My problem is that is that most existing loops or MIDI drums sound like machine gun fire at this temp. – Is there any way I can slow the drums down , keep them in sync, and still keep my melody at the same tempo?
    Many thanks,
    Ned

One idea: slow down the MIDI machine guns to 230/2 = 115, that should sound more natural. One way to achieve that is:

"The Process-Fit to Time command opens the Fit to Time dialog box, which you can use to stretch or shrink a selection so that it ends at a specific time, expressed in either measure:beat:tick (MBT) or hours:minutes:seconds:frames (SMPTE) format. This command gives you a choice of modifying the events or modifying the underlying tempo. This is useful when you want to alter a portion of a project to have an exact length. The start time of the selection does not change, but the end time is altered as necessary to fit the required time interval."

loop

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1