Options/Global/Folders question: Merge 2 & 4 is OK?

Author
thndrsn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 475
2005/08/13 07:42:50 (permalink)

Options/Global/Folders question: Merge 2 & 4 is OK?

Hi,
Can I copy the data from my Cakewalk\SONAR 2\Sample Content\ folder (and subfolders) into my Cakewalk\SONAR 4 Producer Edition\Sample Content\ folder (and subfolders) without harmful repercussions?

Will this put all that data under one roof for use by SONAR 4 PE?

Or is there more to it than that?

BTW, for some reason, it appears that after creating its own "Sample Content" folders full of data, my original installation of SONAR 4PE then set the paths to the \SONAR 2\Sample Content\ folder (or else I did that in my sleep and forgot about it).

I don't understand that. I just recently discovered this and had to manually change all the folder settings.

So now I have a bunch of SONAR 4 projects that were created with the SONAR 2 paths. (No wonder these and no wonder those ... little glitches that didn't make sense before.)

Is this a mess? How do I clean it up?

--thndrsn

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.

3 Replies Related Threads

BlindDog
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 985
    RE: Options/Global/Folders question: Merge 2 & 4 is OK? 2005/08/13 11:27:31 (permalink)
    You should be able to move them just fine. Same thing happened to me, I consolidated all the version 2 stuff into version 4 with no ill effects, particularly with sample content.

-Kevin
    Accidents "happen". Success, however, is planned and executed.
    thndrsn
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 475
    RE: Options/Global/Folders question: Merge 2 & 4 is OK? 2005/08/16 02:21:54 (permalink)
    BlindDog,
    Thanks.
    I'll give it a go (after making backup copies of both original folders with all their subfolders, just in case...).
    BTW, did you have (do you anticipate) any issues with files of the same name? (I haven't even looked...)
    --thndrsn

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.
    BlindDog
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 985
    RE: Options/Global/Folders question: Merge 2 & 4 is OK? 2005/08/16 20:55:00 (permalink)
    I did not have any files with the same name, that I can recall.

-Kevin
    Accidents "happen". Success, however, is planned and executed.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1