a few questions...

Author
nikjf89
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2005/08/13 14:50:13 (permalink)

a few questions...

Any help with these subjects will be greatly appreciated:

1. When recording vocals they sound fine, and when ive mixed my song they sound pretty good but 2 things dont satisfy me; when i mix down the song and play it on my cd player the vocals become muffled in some places...also i need a compressor plugin that will make the vocals sound more in with the music...preferably a free plugin.

2. When mixing on GTP3, the volume that i can hear is never the volume of the final song when mixed down and converted to mp3, any suggestions or is this the case with everyone?

3. Again to do with vocals, can anybody recommend a good vocal plugin that provides the right amount of verb and echo or any settings for the provided GTFX audio effects?

Thanks in advance!
Nick

1 Reply Related Threads

montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    RE: a few questions... 2005/08/15 02:20:35 (permalink)
    1. You just need trial and error to get the mix to play good on a variety of systems/ stereos or whatever. You could try to apply a chorus effect like "thick group vocals" to get the vocals to sound fuller and to give them some ambience.

2. GTP3 and mp3 players have different audio drivers or codecs or something. A similar thing is evident when you play the same song in Windows Media Player, and then play it in VLC Media Player (for example). If you set both media players to full volume, VLC kicks the hell out of WMP in terms of output. So it's all pretty relative.

3. The default Cakewalk chorus effects are not too bad. And anyway, GTP3 has a whole new bunch of effects that you can tweak. I wouldn't place too much importance on preset plugins, it's all how you tweak them yourself that gives you the effect you want. Anyway, check out these sites as I can't even recommend anything good:

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~thman/VST/vst-allinstr.htm

http://www.pcmus.com/Free-Software.htm
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1