editing on pro audio 8

Author
andyriggle
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 314
2005/08/13 17:20:06 (permalink)

editing on pro audio 8

i'm trying to edit several measures of midi 16th notes on pro audio 8 that i recorded on my motif with hard bow strings. i fixed them so on the staff view so they're perfect, and even set all the velocities and durations to be the same on the event list. the problem is when i play them back some of the notes are still uneven. can someone tell me how to smooth them out so they're exact? please help me!

1 Reply Related Threads

larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: editing on pro audio 8 2005/08/14 13:16:49 (permalink)
    I'll take a wild guess......

If the notes overlap at all then at some point you will go over the max polyphony of your synth and some notes will be missed. And then you will under the max and things will sound fine for a bit. So make sure that all the note lengths are short enough that they do not overlap at all.

Another thought......

I'm not sure if you have to worry about sounds with long tails or not (i.e., sounds that decay relatively slowly). When a new note starts before the previous one has finished decaying, I'm not sure if that counts towards the max polyphony or not. Do some experimenting to see how that works with your synth.

Larry
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1