PSP MasterComp demo ???

Author
kylen
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 578
2005/08/13 21:43:35 (permalink)

PSP MasterComp demo ???

Anyone had a chance to check this out yet. I'm looking for a non-transparent (in the coloring & character sense) mastering compressor that isn't Waves or UAD (don't ask, haha). This one looks like I can get it to pump in a musical kind of way too...opinions?

BTW - The demo seems limited but us Sonar users can control all the knobs easily using automation envelopes.

Any way if someone has the Sonalksis SV-315 Compressor I'd like to know any opinions about how they stack up against each other for the uses I've mentioned already...or anything else of course!

http://pspaudioware.com/indexen.html?url=http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/mastercomp.html;

I know it looks like Vintage Warmer - for better or worse - but it's a whole other thing and dynamic evolution IMO. What do you think?

Thanx

10 Replies Related Threads

attalus
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1687
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/13 22:28:35 (permalink)
    db-audioware is about to fully release "Quantum fx 2" in a matter of days.The demo should be on the site in a couple days. I have it now and it's dynamite! They've improved it's algorithims and gave it alot of high tech features.The compressors in QFX2 will colour your audio in a unique,warm,dark,analog type of way.If you decide you want to get out there in space, than you don't have to use the preset compressors that come with it,you can build your own from scratch, side chain and all.you can build any type of effect you want from scratch- filter, reverbs, guitar amps,flangers etc..side chain and all.They have truly brought Quantum fx up a couple notches and it's only going to get better!You can get on the introductory discount list at the site- www.db-audioware.com

Also if you like hydratone than stay tuned for squeezetone "it's the compressor equivalent of hydratone" and will be released soon by the same maker "triton digital".
    attalus
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/13 23:38:08 (permalink)
    Also i'd like to mention that Tassman 4 is an effect unit aswell, with some beuatiful sounding effects in it that can be used in your host program. You will love the compressor in it, it has a rich vintage analog sound that's unique.Tassman 4 has "VERY" high sound quality and i personally think alot of people are asleep to this effect unit.It to allows you to build your own from scratch if you want something more creative than the factory stuff!Check out the amp modelors, flangers, choruses etc in it aswell!
    www.applied-acoustics.com/
    daverich
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3418
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/14 05:24:07 (permalink)
    Try voxengos Polyquasher.

Very very transparent and very good.

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

For Sale - 10.5x7ft Whisperroom recording booth.

http://www.daverichband.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/daverich
    rgoldie
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 95
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/14 06:30:52 (permalink)
    ha ha. Squeezetone. Like that will be out this side of Armageddon.
    kevinb511
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 243
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/15 11:17:04 (permalink)
    I downladed and installed the PSP MasterComp demo and it crashes Sonar everytime I try and open it.

-Kevin
    attalus
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/15 12:39:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rgoldie

I only wrote it like they (triton} advertised it. They posted on their site that it's comming soon, and that they where pretty far along in it's development.They said the same thing about phasetone and released it not too long ago, so what reason would i have to doubt them? Unlessen you know something that i don't know?
    rgoldie
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 95
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/15 13:48:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: attalus

I only wrote it like they (triton} advertised it. They posted on their site that it's comming soon, and that they where pretty far along in it's development.They said the same thing about phasetone and released it not too long ago, so what reason would i have to doubt them? Unlessen you know something that i don't know?

Squeezetone has been talked about for a very very long time. It has taken the Tritone boys long enough to get SSE optimised versions of Valvetone (which is still in Beta, it works but its not been released yet). They are currently dealing with the Mac side of things first with Colourtone in Beta as well as new versions of HydraTone for the new version of Pluggo for the mac. So I wouldn't hold your breath for it. They products are great, they take their time but worth the wait.
    joe b
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 500
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/15 16:32:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kevinb511

I downladed and installed the PSP MasterComp demo and it crashes Sonar everytime I try and open it.

Do you have PSP Vintage Warmer? If yes, has it ever given you similar problems? The reason I ask is that I do have Vintage Warmer and have found I cannot use in in projects where the FM7 from NI Express Keyboards is used. Neither PSP nor NI has ever budged on this known issue, AFAIK. I am wondering if the same bug, or maybe some variant, is at work in your setup.

I have not yet tried MasterComp demo.
    attalus
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/15 16:57:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: attalus

Squeezetone has been talked about for a very very long time. It has taken the Tritone boys long enough to get SSE optimised versions of Valvetone (which is still in Beta, it works but its not been released yet). They are currently dealing with the Mac side of things first with Colourtone in Beta as well as new versions of HydraTone for the new version of Pluggo for the mac. So I wouldn't hold your breath for it. They products are great, they take their time but worth the wait.

I did'nt know all this, Thank you for your feedback!
    kylen
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 578
    RE: PSP MasterComp demo ??? 2005/08/17 14:13:40 (permalink)
    Any other folks try out the PSP MasterComp demo - any thoughts - pro or con? Anything you have equal or beat this mastering comp (assuming use as a mastering comp)? Looks like it will be released Friday...seriously considering it!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1