Drum velocities

Author
KCravens
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 65
2005/08/14 19:00:52 (permalink)

Drum velocities

Hey! I'm a new user of Home Studio. I've used CW Pro 8 years ago and am getting frustrated with learning the new program.

I am trying to increase the velocity, by a percentage, of a ride cymbal part for only a section of a song. I have created a drum map, got the velocity tails showing, but I can't seem to get the group of highlighted notes to increase in velocity, they will only increase individually. I've read and re-read the owners manual. This used to be a simple procedure in Pro 8...just highlight the section and edit the velocity. Why has this become so un-intuitive? Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

sinc
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3116
    RE: Drum velocities 2005/08/14 19:06:35 (permalink)
    How are you editing it?

Try using the Event Inspector toolbar. If you aren't sure where it is, go to View->Toolbars and turn it on and off a couple of times.

Select the notes you want to change, then type a new value in the Event Inspector Toolbar and hit return, then all notes will be set to the new value. You can also modify existing values by typing values like "+10", "-5", and "150%" to add ten to the current value for each note, subtract five from the current value, or increase the current value of each note by 150%, respectively.
    KCravens
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 65
    RE: Drum velocities 2005/08/14 19:27:22 (permalink)
    Hey thanks!

I was using the event inspector toolbar but I didn't know you could add the percent sign to the value. That would be useful to say so in the manual.

Kim
    papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Drum velocities 2005/08/15 03:39:16 (permalink)
    That would be useful to say so in the manual.

The "manual" is actually a "Getting Started Guide"...The "REAL" manual is your help file button and the several hundred pages of answers you'll find there...On the "Install" disk of HS, there is a PDF version of the entire manual...You can open it (with Acrobat) and print it out if you wish and put it in a binder...

I'd advise working with the help files initially (using the proper "keywords" in your search) before printing out the entire manual. You can print the select pages from "Help" if needed...

Regards,
    Papa

Regards,
    Papa
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1