[track] congruity

Author
strom32
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2005/08/17 03:35:14 (permalink)

[track] congruity

This song was done using Albino 2, EVM Bassline, VELOCITY and Dimension (guitar).

---->congruity<----

5 Replies Related Threads

tclark
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1525
    RE: [track] congruity 2005/08/17 09:54:30 (permalink)
    sounds like a bit of a conga tune with some strange stuff thrown in there.

In my opinion, quite alot of the tracks sound a bit too MIDI, but you could make it work by putting in a bi more movement and emotion.

Then it might possibly sound slightly like a track in a jame bond movie when he's just reached some exotic island and is creeping around the place, if u know what i mean :D

T

:10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: [track] congruity 2005/08/17 20:21:31 (permalink)
    the guitar feels out of place, and sometimes out of sync.
    there really isn't to much going on in this piece, it ends up being a bit on the repetitive side...I think it needs more variation, and maybe different choice sounds.
    sorry if Im sounding negitive, but I think It could turn into a decent track with a little work....

also... welcome to the forum, in case I havnt already said hello. and thanks for letting us check your song out.

strom32
    RE: [track] congruity 2005/08/20 02:20:48 (permalink)
    Hey Thanks, I have removed the guitar from the song so far. I might do some more work on it later.
    crabtwins
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1460
    RE: [track] congruity 2005/08/20 02:46:51 (permalink)
    strom,

I have to step in here and mention somethings:

"sounds to MIDI" is something that I didnt get as a new comer. I think it is thrown around without much regard for what it even means.(not that you meant to do that tclark). But I have taken it to mean "It doesnt sound realistic." In general the idea that the sound itself is MIDI, these are mastered samples of sounds and sometimes real instruments. I thought that, "sounds too MIDI" meant it sounded like a polyphonic ringtone. Yes. that is why it threw me off. Any way, I did think the congas seemed unrealistic because I have heard alot of it all my life and it doesnt usually pattern the way you did it. At the same time I think, dont let people's opinions of what is correct discourage you. Lord knows that I have some arps that I think are fantastic that dont sound natural for say a piano. But I digress.

I am listening to it for the second time and you had a little intro, there were some nice layers in here. I really like the pad or whatever that sound is called. Just before one minute I wanted it to start doing what you did at 1:19 (change). The thing at 1:55 was alright. after this it just starts to be more hypnotic than anything else, maybe lower the beats and let that pad take you to another break with more energy? But overall I think this is really good with room for improvement.

strom32
    RE: [track] congruity 2005/08/27 21:21:46 (permalink)
    Song has been updated after some improvement. Some Crystal sounds added and slightly different structure. Hope this is more enjoyable, but probably still a bit hypnotic at the end which I need to work on........
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1