MFX IMfxInputCallback::OnEvent example

Author
simons007
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2005/08/18 18:15:14 (permalink)

MFX IMfxInputCallback::OnEvent example

Can anyone send me an example of an MFX that does a simple IMfxInputCallback::OnEvent realtime event send?

Right now I'm just building a test app that has a button on the property page. When you press it it calls OnEvent with a single MfxEvent but nothing happens.

I've done everything I can using the SDK samples and documentation and it's just not working for me. Builds, loads into Home Studio, property page works, just doesn't send MIDI events.

Thanks
Simon

2 Replies Related Threads

jhonvargas
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 371
    RE: MFX IMfxInputCallback::OnEvent example 2005/08/19 08:47:34 (permalink)
    Simon,

Let me know a little more about this: So you have a button in the property page and you need to send a note (or other event) to the track when you click on it? If this is the case, the OnEvents wont work because it only processes track data. Have you tried calling OnInput instead?? ...John
    simons007
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: MFX IMfxInputCallback::OnEvent example 2005/08/22 20:40:12 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info. I used OnInput for my test app and it's working.

I want to write a plugin to convert the joystick input provided by my DrumXtreme driver ( http://www.pacificdigital.com/products/dx.asp) into a midi out signal to use with DXis and external keyboards. The cheap kit provides some pretty weak drum software and no Midi interfacing. To get a midi version of the kit is $200 more which is not worth it.

So basically I want to create something similar to a vitual keyboard. MFX seemed to be the way to go. If you know of a better solution please let me know.

Thanks again.

Simon
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1