Switching inbetween sound cards

Author
v6v6v6
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2005/08/21 15:48:56 (permalink)

Switching inbetween sound cards

Is there an option within GTP2 to swtich between sound cards? Right now, I have to go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds And Audio Devices, click on the Audio tab and then select the appropriate sound card. This is because I've got my headphones connected to the M-Audio MobilePre preamp, but sometimes I want to hear it back on my laptop speakers when I don't have monitor speakers connected to the M-Audio.

4 Replies Related Threads

leftymetal
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: Switching inbetween sound cards 2005/08/21 20:31:43 (permalink)
    the way you'redoing it sounds like the only economical way, unfortunately... I think there may be an external means for you to pump the output through (something like an old skool A/B/C selector box, usually found at Radio Shack). Aside from the way you're dscribing, that's the only suggestion I have.

My Guitar Tracks Pro 3 and Line 6 GuitarPort sketchpad site:
    http://www.soundclick.com/artist/8/jacknarcotta_music.htm
    v6v6v6
    RE: Switching inbetween sound cards 2005/08/21 21:49:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: leftymetal

the way you'redoing it sounds like the only economical way, unfortunately... I think there may be an external means for you to pump the output through (something like an old skool A/B/C selector box, usually found at Radio Shack). Aside from the way you're dscribing, that's the only suggestion I have.

Darn. :/
    Jim Kalinowski
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 296
    RE: Switching inbetween sound cards 2005/08/22 08:08:15 (permalink)
    There's an easier way, I do it all the time. Open GT and load your project. Then go to the Options->Audio menu. On the Drivers tab, select the drivers for the sound card you want to use (you need to select drivers for input and output). Make sure to unselect the sound card you don't want to use. Press the OK button. GT will tell you that you need to restart in order for the changes to take effect. Restart GT, reload the project, and your sound card will have switched to the new one.
    v6v6v6
    RE: Switching inbetween sound cards 2005/08/28 23:36:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply Jim, but I don't think it's easier in my case. I'm actually switching sound cards while recording multiple takes so I'd rather not shutdown/startup GT over and over again. I'm using the M-Audio MobilePre and here's my setup for how I've been recording my drummer:

- Drummer needs to be able to hear demo tracks while he's recording his drum track. His headphones are connected to the MobilePre.
    - After he's finished recording his track, we go back and listen to it through the laptop sound card

The MobilePre actually has outputs for monitor speakers, but since I'm not able to use them when I'm recording away from my home studio, I need to be able to use the laptop speakers for a quick review of what was recorded.

Maybe you have an easier setup that would resolve this?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1