midi keyboard and music creator

Author
Tivon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/08/22 22:40:46 (permalink)

midi keyboard and music creator

I have my fantom x6 connected to Music Creator via USB cable. When I play back the songs I created on the fantom in Music Creator it doesn't play sounds that I used on the Fantom. I know that since it is midi, it only records what I play and not what I hear. Can I tranfer the sounds from my fantom to Music Creator? and if so, how do I do it? if not, is there a program that will let me do it?

3 Replies Related Threads

millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: midi keyboard and music creator 2005/08/23 01:23:57 (permalink)
    You cnanot transfer the sounds embedded in your fantom x6 - BUT
    If you have an audio device on your computer - [i.e. soundcard]

Connect line out from the fantom to line in on your sound card [device]

Arm an audio track in Music Creator and record what you play or previously recorded [I assume you can record on the phantom]

You will record the sounds as they are on the fantom. You will not be able to see notation data.

FLZapped
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 152
    RE: midi keyboard and music creator 2005/09/11 06:32:08 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Tivon

I have my fantom x6 connected to Music Creator via USB cable. When I play back the songs I created on the fantom in Music Creator it doesn't play sounds that I used on the Fantom. I know that since it is midi, it only records what I play and not what I hear. Can I tranfer the sounds from my fantom to Music Creator? and if so, how do I do it? if not, is there a program that will let me do it?

You cannot directly transfer the sounds. However, you can use the X6 for playback. You'll have to connect the output of the X6 to the line in of your soundcard and set it up as the ouput device in cakewalk. If you want to properly see and edit the patch settings in cakewalk, you'll need to modiy the master.ins file to include the X6 data.

-Bruce
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: midi keyboard and music creator 2005/09/11 11:23:01 (permalink)
    That's right. If you want the exact sound that your keyboard makes, you need to record it as an audio track using the audio out (1/4" guitar cord to a 1/8" adapter to the line in of the sound card). For instance, the sound card has a patch listing of "percussive organ", which is a Hammond C3, I believe. But I have no such patch title on my keyboard. When I select the organ patch, the keyboard plays it's "jazz organ 1" sound. Often, the names of the patches don't coincide.
    What sounds are you trying to record? Do you know how to change the patch sounds in the track view? Do the MIDI patches play through your computer speakers or your keyboard speakers?
    Depending on how you have it set up, and which sound you want, you should be able to get the keyboard to play it back via MIDI. Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1