help! groove matrix/automation

Author
:10:
Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3678
2005/08/23 17:22:04 (permalink)

help! groove matrix/automation

ok...so i set up my two drum tracks for a tutorial on drum programming.
the first track has 4 effects on it. I place both tracks into the groove matrix...hit my record to arm.

now...as the tracks are playing...i only have two effects on on track one.....

how come it wont record the automation as im sifting through all the effects as its recording?

example: turn on groove matrix. hit first track...track starts recording while it plays: I start turning on, and off effects to get different effects with the drum loops...but it doesnt hold the automation?????

hope that makes sence....please help...

3 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: help! groove matrix/automation 2005/08/23 18:01:26 (permalink)
    I start turning on, and off effects to get different effects with the drum loops...but it doesnt hold the automation?????
    Don't know, Sean; I'm puzzled. Perhaps the FX plugs that you're using don't expose On/Off or Power to automation. It might be useful if you list the specific effects. I'm sure that you've armed the track itself, and have all your GM playback arrows pointing correctly.

So, you don't even see any recorded automation curves in use in the Arrange Pane (with it expanded)? See if you can locate the specific on/off parameters under Effects in the Arrange Pane automation, or anything In Use. If you can, draw any ol' automation curve manually with the paintbrush in the Arrange Pane as a diagnostic. Anything over halfway should turn the effect on, under a value of 64 (out of 128) turns it off. HTH
    jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: help! groove matrix/automation 2005/08/23 18:33:34 (permalink)
    please help
    ,, hi 9,,, for starters,,,,,you need to 'engage,,, track record and matrix record,,,, then either ,, hit r,,or just trigger to start record ,,all automated ,, remote controll data will be recorded along with your patterns,,,,,,,, you can record automation onas many tracks as you like ,, just engage rec,,,,,, ya know,,,, i think this is what ya trying to do ,,,,, if not ,, nevermind,,,,,,

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: help! groove matrix/automation 2005/08/23 18:33:49 (permalink)
    I tried to select the on/off parameters...but it doesnt seem to let me do anything while its recording out from the groove matrix?
    I always thought that you could use automation while recording out from the groove matrix. how are you suposed to mix stuff up, if it doesnt let you tweak everything?

anyway..here is the P5 file

I really dont use it that often, just wanted to play with it. I think cakewalk should create an automation tool that lets you tweak all of your effects at the same time..but that it has to be set up so that you can program in exactly what you want on what measure you want, and what effect (or synth) you want to tweak. that would be wicked....

thanks guys (girls) for your help..still stuck though.
    post edited by :10: - 2005/08/23 18:40:44

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1