Pattern Playback [HELP!]

Author
GregFries
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2005/08/25 14:56:59 (permalink)

Pattern Playback [HELP!]

Greetings friends,

I just recently purchased Kinetic and I'm experiencing some problems with it. When I open a new project I logically want to start adding Patterns into the Groove. So, I select a strip in the groove, go to the Part Editor and Click Edit Pattern. Then I select the Type, Style, and Pattern. When I try to listen to my selection I get no audio. I see the cursor moving but I hear nothing.

This is where it gets really weird.

When I open the Tutorial project that came with Kinetic or the Pattern Showcase project which also came with Kinetic I can change and manipulate the patterns using the above mentioned process just fine. I hear the audio very well. It just doesnt work when I open a new project.

Finally, the only type of Pattern I can hear in my own new proejct, is when I select the Aduio Loops Type under Edit Pattern. All those audio loops play fine in my own project. Just not the Bass, Drums, Leads, Pads...

I sent and email to Cakewalk tech support. If any of you think you know what the deal is please let me know. This is a bit confusing so if you need further clarification just ask. I appreciate this greatly.

Thank You,
Greg Fries

GregFries@gmail.com

2 Replies Related Threads

fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Pattern Playback [HELP!] 2005/08/25 15:08:17 (permalink)
    Are you also selecting a Patch?

Patterns only contain info about which notes to play, but the actual instrument that will play those notes must be selected as a Patch. This is true except for patterns that correspond to audio WAV files - those do not need you to select a patch.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    GregFries
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: Pattern Playback [HELP!] 2005/08/25 15:41:28 (permalink)
    Thank you sooo much!!!!

Fac that was totally the problem you're awesome! I didnt know you HAD to select a Patch. I'm a newbie to Kinetic and I can not tell you how much I appreciate the help. You are a king amongst men! I'm eternally in your debt!

Praise Jah,
    Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1