Pro Audio compatibility with M-Audio soundcard

Author
ToneRome
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/08/25 15:41:07 (permalink)

Pro Audio compatibility with M-Audio soundcard

Hello all. I am working with Pro Audio 9 and a M-Audio Delta 44 sound card (http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta44-main.html). But for the life of me I cannot get the "pan" function within the Cakewalk Control View to work. Let me explain...

I have the 4 output channels of the M-Audio breakout box going to 4 channels on my external Yamaha mixing board. (Then the Main Outs from the mixing board are connected to the studio monitors). Output channel 1 to mixing board Channel 1, Output channel 2 to mixing board channel 2, etc. Now when I move the pan lever back and forth, I hear no difference on my studio monitors. However if I Export the .wrk (to a .wav), when I listen to the .wav or listen to the burned CD, I can hear that the sounds have been panned. But I rather not have to go through the "Export file" step to determine if my panning sounds as I envisioned. Per M-Audios' Tech Support I have Mixing board channels 1 & 3 panned hard left and channels 2 & 4 panned hard right.

I must also mention that the Pan function within the M-Audio Control Panel works fine. It allows me to pan channels 1/2 or 3/4. Unfortunately I don't want to pan everything that appears on those tracks. I want to pan individual sounds, instruments or vocals.

I've spoken to M-Audio Tech support and they told me that I'm experiencing this problem due to Cakewalks limitations, which I don't believe. I think I am doing something wrong (or haven't performed a necessary step) to properly configure the interface between the M-Audio sound card & Pro-Audio 9. FYI - I have also performed this procedure (http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=053a52b8536f06aa41621775e72f47bc) to no avail.

Are there any M-Audio soundcard users or Pro Audio 9 gurus out there that can assist me? Help!

Thanks in advance,

Tone

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1