Robomusic - is this it?

Author
bargainboy1
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 515
2005/09/07 00:26:58 (permalink)

Robomusic - is this it?

I use only MC 2003, It does what i want as I only use cake as a midi works program, i take midi that needs to be altered and do musical surgery on it in MC, for a full featured sequencer and audio program i use Multitrack studios, not because Cake will not do what it does, but because I would have had to pay far more for a cake version that does what MTS will do , I feel it rivals Sonar HS and in some ways exceeds it, it uses DX, and VSTi, and does not need a wrapper, It does midi and audio equally well, and is easier to setup and has far less glitches, it also plays nice with more sound cards, and it has a built in sampler, that does sound fonts, plus 19 excellent effects that come with it, so I can do a complete project without a hassle.

Does that mean that i do not like cake anymore, no it is just that for the dollars MTS gives me more, If I could afford Sonar Producers edition, I might use it exclusively, but it is $500 at the discount stores, MTS cost me $69 for the pro version and an upgrade cost of $60 more for the pro plus version, that i will buy when the new release comes out, i hear in Oct., maybe when the bugs are worked out in Sonar 5 i will save for it, but for now i use MC, MTS, and Acid to make my creations

IS THIS WHAT YOU USE.....

....and if so, why do you use both MC and this? It looks like they pretty much do the same thing with a few more features in MTS.

Jeff

3 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Robomusic - is this it? 2005/09/07 00:46:13 (permalink)
    Yes that is what i use the most, I use MC for finer Midi details, it still is the Mdi king, and does some very nice audio things as well. I really do love working in cake, it has a nice flow, but i can not afford the top of the line stuff, as my budget is needed elsewhere now days.

MTS is the most stable and easy to use program i have found to date. I have several, N-TRacks Studio, Acid Pro, Vegas 4.0, and MC. I love them all, each has it's strengths, but over all i get more done with MTS in a shorter time with less hassle. I stumbled on it on another forum, it has a small but loyal and growing following, the forum is dead, the folks there like to say that they are busy making music instead of fixing glitches, and that is kinda true, when i bought it i installed it and in thirty minutes i had finished my first small project. I will always use cake in some form or the other, and maybe someday i can afford Sonar Producers edition, but for now it is MC and MTS (mostly MTS)
    post edited by Robomusic - 2005/09/07 00:59:28
    bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Robomusic - is this it? 2005/09/07 01:09:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. I've been using MC for quite some time now. I want to upgrade and have been tempted by Sonar HS - but, I'm running Win 98 on a 'puter with a 666 megahertz Celeron and 256 megs of ram. I don't have any problems running MC, but I'd like a few more options recording wise without upgrading the computer. Anyway, that's why I asked.

BTW, did I ever mention I was a MIDI-phobe?
    post edited by bargainboy1 - 2005/09/07 01:15:29

Jeff
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Robomusic - is this it? 2005/09/07 03:54:42 (permalink)
    The nice thing about MTS is that it is not a resourse hog, and has a nice limited demo to check it out.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1