Hey Robomusic......

Author
smartin110
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2005/09/12 05:36:31 (permalink)

Hey Robomusic......

Thanks for your advice about the Behringer 802. I've checked it out online. Very reasonable. Just to clarify, I'll be able to listen to my complete mix as well as the vocal track I'm currently recording at the same time? Now I'm really confused. If there's a delay in hearing my vocals using just the computer, I don't understand how adding another piece of gear would eliminate that. I know. I'm ****ed. Thanks in advance for your response.

1 Reply Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Hey Robomusic...... 2005/09/12 13:27:36 (permalink)
    The delay is caused by the latency of the sound looping thru the sound card, the software creates this when the program sends the signal to the speakers and the voice must go in to the software and be processed, then it is sent to the sound card. That may be a crude illustration but you get the picture.

When you use a mixer and attach it correctly, then the sound card sends the mix to the mixer and the vocal is being sent from the mike into the mixer at the same time, and you are monitoring the incoming two signals at the mixer not waiting for it to run thru the program and back, so no delay.

The correct hookup is as follows: Line out on the sound card to tape in on the mixer, main out on the mixer to line in on the sound card, then attach the speakers to the control room output on the mixer, and the headphones to the headphones jack on the mixer, then depress the "to mix" button on the mixer to send it all to the control room.

Problem solved!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1