hello,
i have a computer with:
pentium 3.2
1 gig ram
aardvark direct pro 24/96
sonar 3 producer
radium keyboard using usb
and alot of plug-ins

since aardvark went out of business, i am looking to get a new sound card. i have ordered a MOTU 2408 3, and will install that when i get it.

i use these tools for the express purpose of writing and recording songs. the keyboard is plugged in using usb, and i use it by opening a synth in one of the sonar tracks effects boxes, and simply play it. i record everythinig else by plugging into the breakout box and recording onto a sonar track.

my questions are, the MOTU device, as listed in the soundcard section, doesn't have midi i/o. does this mean my keyboard/usb approach will not work? also, is the above described method of recording efficient, or is it an artifact of my limited computer knowledge? and, finally, are the MOTU installation/pc problems as bad as mac users describe them?

thanks, and as always, if these are dumb questions, please ignore.... steve

1 Reply Related Threads

dmassey
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 210
    RE: efficiency questions 2005/09/14 21:13:12 (permalink)
    The MOTU will have no effect on your midi stuff; I've been a 2408mkII with a wimpier PC than yours, and it works just fine; I'm not using the soft-synth features (yet) as I have a ton of sound modules and keyboards, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1