Mix CD Techniques

Author
larenzo_alexander
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
2005/09/15 12:07:46 (permalink)

Mix CD Techniques

Someone wants me to do a mixCd for them. So I am looking for answers on what is the technique that is used to create mixCd or mixTapes. I am working with Sonar 4 Producer edition.

1. Is the best way either to download an instrumental or use a vocal remover to get the instrumental that is required? I tried the vocal remover once and if the vocal tracks wasn't all centered without effects it did not work to well.

2. What is some of the best sites to download the lastest instrumental and ocapellas?

3. If I download a instrumental is it possible to add your own breaks or do you just have to record the vocals over the beat as is? I would imagine that the instrumental would have to be in a midi file instead of a wav file to edit it?

4. If I wanted to take a vocal track from one project and match it up to an instrumental in another project, what is the procedure to match up the tempos or make the work together?

5. If there is anything else I am missing please let me know.

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

bermuda
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Mix CD Techniques 2005/09/15 12:24:38 (permalink)
    If you want to try and strip out vocal and beats...why not just start from scratch.

Maybe you can get mid file downloads for the instumentation of the songs you require and just look for the right sound and then mix it yourself.

or are you talking about one seamless track of many songs...

Yes.
    larenzo_alexander
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 114
    RE: Mix CD Techniques 2005/09/15 15:39:59 (permalink)
    No, I am not talking talking about one streamless track of songs. Just 1 particular song.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1