Sonar 4 Saving Project problems

Author
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
2005/09/15 21:05:59 (permalink)

Sonar 4 Saving Project problems

Hi
Has anyone had problems after saving a project? I had this problem a month ago after I had upgraded to the latest patch, 4.03. I reloaded everything from Ghost and all seemed OK until today when it happened again. I went to open a file today I had been working on for the past week and once again it said this file not compatible with this version of Sonar - I had it saved as both a bundle and a project file and it would open neither. When I tried to open the project file, the non compatible message came up instantly; on the bundle it loaded about 99%, then said the message! An older version of the project opened OK.
As per the advice from Andy at Cakewalk last time, when he told me
"If you have the bundle file, then re-name the extension of the file from .cwb to .wav and then choose File | Import Audio in SONAR and select it. This will allow you to open all the audio in the file, though it will have placed it all in one track with the clips lined up one after another."
I did just that but the error message I received was
Win32 Error
0x80070057
parameter incorrect.

However I double clicked on it and windows media player started to play it! - not in the right order mind, but it still played, which shows that the files are in there somewhere.

I know I can go and find the individual tracks in audio data, but this is going to be so difficult, there are loads of different takes, all treated in one way or another, so the raw data will be so difficult to detect.
I have contacted Cakewalk support again but I thought I would see if anyone else can help.
My Computer is a pretty new Carillon dual processor, 2 gb memory and loads of space on the various hard drives
Any help greatly appreciated

4 Replies Related Threads

jaireth
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Sonar 4 Saving Project problems 2005/09/15 22:02:27 (permalink)
    Bajan Blue
    RE: Sonar 4 Saving Project problems 2005/09/15 23:36:31 (permalink)
    jaireth
    Thanks for that - looks like this is not a new problem.
    I've tried a few of the suggestions, but no luck as yet.
    Will probably try a fresh instal as Juca suggested tomorrow - pretty late here now.
    Also will try opening on a different computer.
    If I get anywhere I will post the results.
    Cheers
    Bajan Blue
    RE: Sonar 4 Saving Project problems 2005/09/16 00:09:20 (permalink)
    A Good Result, thanks to all the posts in the previous thread.
    I have a network, so I attempted to copy the bundle file across to another computer and open it. Tried in safe as well – no go.
    So after reading the responses, I tried to open the project file from its original location in safe. I reference the Audio Data also from its original location and it opened.
    I then copied all the tracks and pasted them into a brand new file and saved this to the new computer as a bundle file.
    I then copied this across the LAN to the original computer and it opened OK. I even retrieved the Midi tracks.
    Lost all the plug-in information and all the track folders.
    However just got to start again with those bits , but at least all the main stuff is there and more or less in the right place!!
    This is the first time I have really got involved in the Forum, but I shall definitely try here first as Cakewalk’s original response a month ago was not really that helpful, although I do understand their impediment as the files were too big to email.
    Thanks to everyone on the previous thread and many many thanks to you jaireth for pointing me in the right direction. I hope my explanation is clear and helpful. If anyone wants to know anything else, just let me know.
    Cheers again (I can sleep happy now!!!!)
    LoopJunkie
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2466
    RE: Sonar 4 Saving Project problems 2005/09/16 01:55:41 (permalink)
    saved this to the new computer as a bundle file.

Conventional wisdom tells us to avoid bundle files, they tend to create problems. The "per project audio" option is more useful.

loop

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1