Author
dustin
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 257
2005/09/17 17:20:27 (permalink)

Sampletank2 help please

Im running sampletank 2 in Sonar 4.0.3.
I have three main problems.

First is that everyonce and a while I will drag a note down and Sampletank will play the sound forever. It doesnt stop! I hav to completely unload the sample. That sucks!

Second is that I cannot assign channels. I dont want to have to load another sampletank plug just to use another instrument. ST has 16 channels. I made the first one a Sax, and the second a Violin. I created two midi tracks and assigned them accordingly. When i click on notes in each piano roll it plays through the corrisponding ST channel as is supposed to. BUT when i play the piano rollsonly channel 1 will work. That Sucks!

Third problem is really annoying. When I have one channel (lets say a grand piano) playing a melody, I cannot get the same piano roll box to play harmonies. Can I not layer midi notes in one channel like every other synth?

please someone help me, sample tank was to expensive and I love sonar. How do i do this?

www.soundfarm.ca

3 Replies Related Threads

piano39
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Sampletank2 help please 2005/09/17 17:35:13 (permalink)
    I have Sampletank 2. Ran it with Sonar 2, and now with Sonar 4. It works great, and sounds great. Here's my advice.
    1)Run it as a VST plugin, not as a DXI.
    2)Assuming that you are a licensed owner, log on to the Sampletank website and download the current updates. The first few days that I had Sampletank, it was crap. The updates fix a lot of buggy behavior.
    3) As a side note, Sampletank is way overdue in coming out with their free update (V2.1). This version adds some cool new features, but also is supposed to fix the midi implementation bugs in V2.0. I emailed Sampletank, last week--they claim that the update "is very close". Whatever that means. They are pissing off their customers because they promised the update, in May, then July. Now they can't even quote a release date.
    dustin
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 257
    RE: Sampletank2 help please 2005/09/17 18:09:56 (permalink)
    I tried VST, crashed the PC. But I downloaded the 2 updates. WOW. Worked great DXi now. Thanks man!
    post edited by dustin - 2005/09/17 18:34:46

www.soundfarm.ca
    harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: Sampletank2 help please 2005/09/17 23:50:09 (permalink)
    Hi Dustin. Glad it's working for you now. We had a thread a while back on Sampletank. You might find this helpful for getting the most out of the program. This is about ST LE, but most of this applies to ST 2, SS2, or even Philharmonik. http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=440924&mpage=1&key=Sampletank

IMHO, Sampletank is stll a good choice. As Piano pointed out, IK is testing our patience with the promised update, which was announced originally in January. Hopefully it will be here soon.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1