My DXi have all disappearred!!

Author
Moe Shinola
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2005/09/19 00:57:31 (permalink)

My DXi have all disappearred!!

Recently I tried organizing my plugins in the Cakewalk adapter by going into their Properties and typing reference names(i.e. "Krakli" before my Krakli VSTi, "nOVAKILL" before my Bones VSTi, etc.). Well, I noticed yesterday that all the Shared DXi that come with Sonar are gone from the Synth Rack! Will the Synth rack only hold so many instruments? If I bring up old projects the Revalver still appears, but there's no way to bring it into a new project.
One solution is to use the adapter that came with Magix Music Studio to yank a lot of the plug-ins away from Sonar. Then I can see my DXi. But when I load them all back in again the DXi are gone again. What do I do, remove the reference names from the synths and go back to anarchy? I just wanted to organize a little!

3 Replies Related Threads

Paul Russell
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3892
    RE: My DXi have all disappearred!! 2005/09/19 01:41:09 (permalink)
    Try the Cakewalk Plugin Organiser, which comes free on the CD.
    It could be that some of your plugs have been flagged not to display

Paul Russell 
    Calamity Studio and on Facebook

Moe Shinola
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    RE: My DXi have all disappearred!! 2005/09/19 02:47:44 (permalink)
    Well this oughtta show everybody what a super-genius I am: I threw on the Sonar install CD and discovered that, even though I've had Sonar for over a year and made a whole album on it I'd never installed the Plugin Manager. Not only that but all the MusicLab MIDIFX, the Style Enhancer and the Audio Finder were not yet installed! Brilliant me. So I brought up the Plugin Mgr and there they are, all my DXi on the right-hand side with the other plugins, looks like they should be fine, but they're still not showing up. What I want is a "make this plugin appear in the Synth Rack" button, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe one of these free synths I've downloaded is gumming up the works somehow. Dunno.
    Paul Russell
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3892
    RE: My DXi have all disappearred!! 2005/09/19 03:25:59 (permalink)
    you are clicking on the + button in the top left of the synth rack, aren't you? If you do you should get a list of DXI and VSTi synths that you can add to the synth rack.

Paul Russell 
    Calamity Studio and on Facebook

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1