need help with wave file playback & Record...

Author
MistaMacc
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 89
2005/09/22 15:48:44 (permalink)

need help with wave file playback & Record...

Whuut it do??

I need help into getting my mp3 and wav files to playback in Music Creator 2. I load a track into the track area and it loads up, but when I push the play button it does not play. I go to Options and Audio to check what the Help Center tells me to do, but I look into my playback and record wave device and it says "None" So I click on Wave Profiler and do the DMA Settings from the computer, and it tells me the hardware has been successfully profiled. So I exit and restart the MC2 program (sometimes I have restarted my pc too). The file still does not play. My audio device is SigmaTel Audio. But when I have before had this item in ONLY the playback wave device, it tells me that Audio Driver Error pops up with its in use some where else, or used by another application... Can someone help me find what drivers or sound card I need to get this running correctly?? please let me know.... Thanks...

Mike "MistaMacc"

Mike - MistaMacc Trax
www.MistaMaccTrax.com
www.SLEStudios.com
www.SLEProductions.com
Beats, Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Film, Video, Editing, Web Design, Flyers and Etc.
 Let us know "Whuut'z Haaaaat'nin!!!"
510-936-2226

1 Reply Related Threads

bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: need help with wave file playback & Record... 2005/09/22 15:55:37 (permalink)
    Here's how to fix it:

OPTIONS-->AUDIO, Go to the ADVANCED tab. Put a check next to the box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." Go back to the GENERAL tab there is a button that says "WAVE PROFILER." hit it. Close and reopen Cakewalk.

Now, go to OPTIONS-->AUDIO again. Go to the DRIVERS Tab and make sure your sound card driver is listed. Click on it to turn it blue. Go back to the GENERAL Tab and make sure your sound card is listed as the PLAYBACK DEVICE.

You should now have sound.

Jeff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1