I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....."

Author
MistaMacc
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 89
2005/09/22 16:14:22 (permalink)

I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....."

Jeff or anyone who can help again,

If u read this message, When I do click on Options, Advanced, and look for the box, I only see boxs in the File System area are Enable Read Caching, Enable Write Caching. And under Playback and Recording is Apply Dither (which is checked) Share Drivers With Other Programs and Play Effect Tails After Stopping (Also is checked).

I dont see the box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." as u mentioned in the last post. All I see is a MEE (32-bit) in the Driver Mode.... do u have any other answers to help me out with this issue I am having??

Thanks again...

Mike "MistaMacc"

Mike - MistaMacc Trax
www.MistaMaccTrax.com
www.SLEStudios.com
www.SLEProductions.com
Beats, Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Film, Video, Editing, Web Design, Flyers and Etc.
 Let us know "Whuut'z Haaaaat'nin!!!"
510-936-2226

11 Replies Related Threads

bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 16:22:40 (permalink)
    Where do you see "Driver Mode?"

Jeff
    bargainboy1
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 16:24:26 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MistaMacc

Jeff or anyone who can help again,

If u read this message, When I do click on Options, Advanced, and look for the box, I only see boxs in the File System area are Enable Read Caching, Enable Write Caching. And under Playback and Recording is Apply Dither (which is checked) Share Drivers With Other Programs and Play Effect Tails After Stopping (Also is checked).

The MME Driver box should be in the Playback and Recording section....hmmm..

Jeff
    MistaMacc
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 16:28:29 (permalink)
    Jeff,

I see the "Driver Mode" scroll screen that gives me different options to use. It is right under the Playback & Recording section in the Advanced Tab area... the other options I can pick from in the Driver Mode are Use Default, WDM/KS, ASIO & MME (32-Bit) these are the 4 options given to me in this Driver Mode, which is above the Apply Dither check box...any other suggestions??

Thanks...

Mike "MistaMacc

Mike - MistaMacc Trax
    www.MistaMaccTrax.com
    www.SLEStudios.com
    www.SLEProductions.com
    Beats, Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Film, Video, Editing, Web Design, Flyers and Etc.
    510-936-2226
    bargainboy1
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 16:37:19 (permalink)
    Use ASIO & MME, if that doesn't work, try the USE DEFAULT option.

Make sure your sound card is listed as the "Playback Wave Device" on the Advanced Tab. If not, go to the "Drivers" tab and make sure the drivers for your card are listed in the output driver box AND that the drivers are highlighted in blue. If they are not there, run the "Waver Profiler" on the "Advanced Tab", restart MC, go to OPTIONS>AUDIO>Drivers Tab, click on your sound cards driver to turn it blue and hit OK. You should be OK.

Please let me know what kind of computer you're using, CPU, RAM, desktop/laptop.

Thanks

EDIT:

To anyone who cares - I misread Mista's post regarding the "Driver Mode" scroll window. I assumed that CW lumped MME & ASIO drivers together based on Mista saying "Use Default, WDM/KS, ASIO & MME (32-Bit)." What he meant was "Use Default, WDM/KS, ASIO, & MME (32-Bit)." Note the final comma.

[rant]
    See, although it is appropriate to leave the comma out between the last two items in a list, sometimes, for clarification purposes, it is better to put the comma between the items. For instance, what does, *"Random House, Bantam, Doubleday and Dell are all publishing companies," mean? Are there only three, or are there four, publishing companies? A better way to write the sentence is, *"Random House, Bantam, Doubleday, and Dell are all publishing companies." See, much clearer.

Having said that, I could have easily finished reading Mista's sentence where he said, "Use Default, WDM/KS, ASIO & MME (32-Bit) these are the 4 options." So, my unclear instructions are partly my fault.
    [/rant]

*examples modified from Alred, Gerald, Brusaw, Charles, and Oliu, Walter. Handbook of Technical Writing. 6th ed. New York: St. Martin's Press, 2000.

post edited by bargainboy1 - 2005/09/22 18:51:20

Jeff
    MistaMacc
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 16:51:12 (permalink)
    Jeff,

I use a Dell Latitude D600 Laptop that was built in March 2004. its RAM is 512MB, 1.40 GHz, M processor 1400MHz, where can I find the CPU at?? my hard drive is 60GB.

OK, I have Sigma Tel Audio in the Playback Wave Device. I did what u have said and got this to happen. BUt I got the Audio Driver Error saying that Sigma Tel Audio either does not support the current audio format, or is in use by another App. It asks me to Disable or Use Anyway. I click use anyway, and restart MC2 and nothing still happens... do I need to download a update somewhere to get this issue fixed for my pc and MC2 to work together?? I already have my Kinetic program working properly, just need to get this one to work too!!! thanks...

Mike "MistaMacc"

Mike - MistaMacc Trax
    www.MistaMaccTrax.com
    www.SLEStudios.com
    www.SLEProductions.com
    510-936-2226
    bargainboy1
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 16:59:10 (permalink)
    OK, so far so good. What do you have in the Driver Mode Screen?

Jeff
    MistaMacc
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 17:02:19 (permalink)
    I have kept the Driver Mode at Use Default at this time... If I do changes, it takes away the Sigma Tel Audio option from the picture. do i need a update from somewhere??

Mike - MistaMacc Trax
    www.MistaMaccTrax.com
    www.SLEStudios.com
    www.SLEProductions.com
    510-936-2226
    bargainboy1
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 17:18:51 (permalink)
    The SigmaTel uses MME drivers, so change the Drivers Mode to MME & ASIO. Let me know if that change removes the SigmaTel from the playback device. I need to check on some things, but I'll be back in a bit.

Jeff
    MistaMacc
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 17:34:05 (permalink)
    Jeff,

Thanks alot. I got it to work now!!! I set the Driver Mode to the MME (32-Bit) it now set both the playback and record to the SigmaTel settings and I am getting my mp3 and wav files to playback in the MC2 program... Thanks for your time and help with this issue... it is greatly appriciated... God Bless, and take care....

Mike "MistaMacc"

Mike - MistaMacc Trax
    www.MistaMaccTrax.com
    www.SLEStudios.com
    www.SLEProductions.com
    510-936-2226
    bargainboy1
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 17:43:41 (permalink)
    Great! Play away.

Jeff
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: I have no box that says "ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS....." 2005/09/22 18:39:02 (permalink)
    Good work Jeff, we need to make a mental note that in the MC2 version they replaced the always use check box with driver mode selection
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1