My First Song!

Author
Alex
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2005/10/04 17:43:42 (permalink)

My First Song!

This is my first song that I have ever made. I used 'music creator'. I'd like to hear what you guys liked, and more important, how you guys would of make it better. Thanks!
Check it out---- www.soundclick.com/AlexLyubezhanin

3 Replies Related Threads

mewsician2
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1078
    RE: My First Song! 2005/10/04 19:25:26 (permalink)
    Hi Alex,
    First thing to do is figure out a bass part.
    Think about structure, mood, hook, what is your message, or what are you trying to say? are you creating a mood, stirring emotions, making someone laugh, or cry.
    This tune can be called music, but it's not going anywhere so it can't take us along.
    No disrespect ment what so ever. You did ask!
    On the positive side, it's a nice clean recording.
    HTH
    Alex
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: My First Song! 2005/10/05 12:10:29 (permalink)
    Thanks mewsician2 for your reply. Next song I'll make, I will definitely take that into consideration. And I will put it up again for review, but that won't be for another month or so. Hope to see you then!
    low_z
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: My First Song! 2005/10/05 15:05:33 (permalink)
    The chord progression reminds me of "Gangster's/Past Time Paradise." Coming from a dance or hip-hop kind of approach, the actual musical content can be quite simple, four chords can get you most of the way there. But there has to be something to catch the ear. Some kind of melody line, intrumental or vocal, would add a lot. As mewsician said, a good bassline is essential as well. It can be simple, but needs to be noticed.

A producer I worked with gave me this advice, that a good "pop" song (an easily remembered song, regardless of genre) is built on this foundation:
    1) Groove
    2) Melody
    3) Texture

Listen closely to artists you like, try to listen to the individual instrument sounds, the arrangement, what makes the chorus or "hook" stand out from the verse. Keep making music, and you will keep getting better. Good luck!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1