CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump!

Author
Digital Aura
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5118
2005/10/09 20:25:00 (permalink)

CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump!

I was ripping my hair out over this, and I found the answer on their support page!! Hope this helps a few P5ers who sprung for this marvelous Plugin!

From the CAMEL AUDIO website:

Why don't the plugins sync to host tempo properly?
Sonar/Project5 users: The Cakewalk Adapter doesn't automatically identify effect plugins which are tempo synced. When you run the adapter, make sure you check the 'Tempo Based Effect' tick box. The plugin will now sync correctly. (Cakewalk are aware of the issue and are planning to automatically check the box in future).

8 Replies Related Threads

triscuit
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1860
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/09 20:32:07 (permalink)
    I still don't know where this tick box is???!!//??!!??@@??
    Digital Aura
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/09 22:36:05 (permalink)
    Run your Cakewalk VST Adapter again. (I suggest you delete the CamelSpace and CamelPhat3 folders and the camel .dll files in your VST plugins folder first).

Then, before running the Adapter again you should probably select the RESET ALL
    Then run the adapter...when its done finding all the plugins it will list them all
    BE sure NOT to click [NEXT]

INSTEAD... hilight CAMELSPACE in the box and click PROPERTIES...then make sure the box is ticked "allow tempo based blah blah!".

Do the same for CAMELPHAT3 !!

Now click NEXT.

GOOD TO GO BRO!
    post edited by Digital Aura - 2005/10/09 22:46:11
    triscuit
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1860
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/11 23:54:02 (permalink)
    I finally got around to doing this....but I noticed a few other tick boxes.........Force stereo and delay compensation........I wonder what these mean?
    Digital Aura
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/12 09:49:17 (permalink)
    Yes...its pretty nasty of Cake to have unchecked boxes available that look so darn "click-worthy!"

I was oh-so tempted myself...but trial-and-error is not something I do when it comes to my music files and programs!
    ucacjbs
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 866
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/12 10:01:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

Yes...its pretty nasty of Cake to have unchecked boxes available that look so darn "click-worthy!"

I was oh-so tempted myself...but trial-and-error is not something I do when it comes to my music files and programs!

I'd agree that some more explanation of those terms would be handy.

Provided you're backing up, and write down somewhere what you change, so that you can get back to where you started, trial and error is often a great way to learn in a safe environment like that (my personal opinion, feel free to discard). And without trial and error, those happy accidents are all the more rare. Go on DA, live dangerously! (which is not actually all that dangerous if you take the precautions above, of course).

ben
    zipdigital
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/12 10:30:17 (permalink)
    Well, forcing tempo sync shouldn't be all that detrimental, but forcing stereo on a plug that was originally coded to be mono worries me. Sounds like it could bring about glitches of sorts.

Delay compensation is mainly to force the plug in to tell the host (P5) how much delay it takes to process the sound - for which the host will then compensate by matching that delay. Most plugs these days do this by default. It basically is so that effects and sounds don't come in late and cause timing problems.

From my limited understanding of VSTs and communication with hosts is that if it takes 1ms to process a reverb, for example, P5 will wait 1ms before actual audio playback to make sure the plugs sync up correctly to the host. I could be way off on that, but that's the impression I've gotten from reading articles/posts in the past.

Perhaps someone with more experience with delay compensation could explain better? And wether forcing this option would be wise?

-Sol

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." Robert X. Cringely
    TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/13 02:35:28 (permalink)
    Dig,
    Thanks for the information!

hilight CAMELSPACE in the box and click PROPERTIES...then make sure the box is ticked "allow tempo based blah blah!". Do the same for CAMELPHAT3 !!

FYI,

I tried this with Cameleon and the next time I rebooted my system it disappeared from my list of VSTs in Sonar and Project 5!

The settings "registerAsTempoBasedEffect" and "registerAsSynth" are incompatible
    If you do a Reset All, you can't select both settings - but if you run Cakewalk VST Adapter again you can (or at least I was).

After trying a number ot times to reset Cameleon and bring it back, what finally worked was *deleting it from my system running the Cakewalk VST Adapter, reinstalling Cameleon and running Cakewalk VST Adapter again.
    (*I actually zipped down my Cameleon5000 folder, then deleted the folder. later I just unzipped it back)

In hindsight I guess it might be obvious that unchecking "registerAsSynth" might affect a synth module, but I had to check it out...

...Steven

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    Digital Aura
    RE: CamelSpace a major pain in the...er... hump! 2005/10/13 11:19:27 (permalink)
    ...cool. Good 2 know.

you're right, it does sound obvious...they shouldn't be able to BOTH be selected, but I can select both too! Fortunately I never clicked NEXT.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1