Help me pick song(s) for songwriting competition

Author
metaprog
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 551
2005/10/11 15:38:59 (permalink)

Help me pick song(s) for songwriting competition

I would like to submit between one and three songs to the International Songwriting Competition (http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/rules.htm). Deadline is Thursday, so I really need to submit stuff I've already got recorded (even though I may well have better songs written).

If anyone sharp in the songwriting/analysis dept wishes to go through what I have recorded and see what you would recommend, please do so. Note: the rules state: "Songs are judged equally on melody, composition, originality, and lyrics (when applicable)... Quality of performance and production will not be considered." What this means is that although the present form of some of the stuff I've done in the past week is probably higher quality than my earlier recordings, that doesn't mean any of them are the best choices. It's the quality of the song itself that counts.

Categories for the competition are: Pop/Top 40, Rock, AAA/Roots/Americana, Country, R&B/Hip-Hop, Blues, Dance/Electronica, Folk/Singer-Songwriter, Jazz, World, Instrumental; Children's Music; Gospel/Christian, Lyrics Only, Teen* and Performance.

Presently, I am leaning toward submitting Open Your Eyes (Metanarrative movement 2) in the Gospel/Christian category, and perhaps Aftermath (movement 5) and/or Betrayal (movement 9.ii.2) in the Rock category. Rivers is a possibility for the Folk/Singer-Songwriter category.

All of these songs, and others, are available for listening on my SoundClick page (see the link in my sig).

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

DAW: Studiocat Core2Duo, Asus P5K mobo, 4GB 1066Mhz WinXP2 > Sonar 5.2 PE > Lynx 1 > VXP/GT Brick
Mics: GT-66 / Guitars: Carvin DC400, Brian Moore i21.13, Ibanez JS1000, Morris W616, Rodriguez A, Takamine EG523SC-12, Peavey Fury bass

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1