Perfect space vs pristine space

Author
attalus
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1687
2005/10/11 22:10:59 (permalink)

Perfect space vs pristine space

I know that perfect space is suppose to be the old pristine space light but to me it sounds a notch better than pristine space.I have the full version of pristine space and when i load the same impulse into both, i like the way perfect space sound better. Do any one else see a slight difference in the sound quality of both?

15 Replies Related Threads

attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/13 00:36:33 (permalink)
    No one has any thoughts on this? It sure would be nice to Know if someone else has noticed a different!
    SiriusLiMusic
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 163
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/13 00:50:05 (permalink)
    I never tried or heard the pristine space, but I have just been playing around with perfect space for a while on varoius projects and I have to say that I am very impressed. Ive used the Waves IR1 before and the Perfect space sounds everybit as good.

It all could have something to do with the fact that it uses an internal all 64bit processor, or something like that.

This is deffinatly a great tool to have. This plus the V-Vocal makes the Ver. 5 well worth it, for me anyways.
    attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/13 12:12:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SiriusLiMusic

I never tried or heard the pristine space, but I have just been playing around with perfect space for a while on varoius projects and I have to say that I am very impressed. Ive used the Waves IR1 before and the Perfect space sounds everybit as good.

It all could have something to do with the fact that it uses an internal all 64bit processor, or something like that.

This is deffinatly a great tool to have. This plus the V-Vocal makes the Ver. 5 well worth it, for me anyways.

Waves ir1 is highly rated so that is a huge compliment i'd assume to perfect space.It is the best reverb in the box i've heard (have'nt tried waves ir1 yet).Perfect space NEEDS to be in every future release of Sonar and is probably good enough to have it's own forum here!A place where people can exchange impulses.
    I was told that the perfect space and pristine space more than likely are the same plugin, Both do 64bit internal precision processing, and the only difference is suppose to be too small to give hearable results, and that scientifically you should'nt notice it, and that is that perfect space does 64bit interfacing (also outputs audio at 64bit) but this is suppose to be so small of a improvement that there is no hearable difference it causes.But i think this is another classic case of ears vs scientific conclusion, because to me both plugins sound different (slightly) and this small difference seems like all the difference in the world, the type of difference that also separates high end from low end products! Am i alone on this is what i'm wondering, does no one else hear the difference?
    higain_guitar
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 294
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/13 17:04:26 (permalink)

Perfect space NEEDS to be in every future release of Sonar and is probably good enough to have it's own forum here!A place where people can exchange impulses.

Which is why I am so happy I bought it as pristine space light before it was taken off the market... plugins have been known to "disappear" between versions of sonar....
    bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 02:16:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: attalus

I know that perfect space is suppose to be the old pristine space light but to me it sounds a notch better than pristine space.I have the full version of pristine space and when i load the same impulse into both, i like the way perfect space sound better. Do any one else see a slight difference in the sound quality of both?

I loaded up the same impulse in perfect space that I had in pristine space, stopped after a couple of measures of playback and put pristine space back. I had an opposite reaction FWIW.

Ben N. Moore
    attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 02:54:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bnmoore

Are you saying that they both sounded the same, or that pristine space is better?

I loaded up the same impulse in perfect space that I had in pristine space, stopped after a couple of measures of playback and put pristine space back. I had an opposite reaction FWIW.

attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 02:56:05 (permalink)

Are you saying that they both sounded the same, or that pristine space is better?
    hornplayer
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1024
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 02:59:45 (permalink)
    Perfect space NEEDS to be in every future release of Sonar and is probably good enough to have it's own forum here!A place where people can exchange impulses.

You're probably aware of this, but if not...our own Capslock's Noisevault is a good place to get impulses and discuss things related to convolution.

bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 15:54:06 (permalink)

IMO, with the impulse used, Pristine Space sounded better. I'm running the 32bit install withouth the double precision engine enabled. Have you downloaded the 1.5 update for Pristine Space?

Ben N. Moore
    Skolnick
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 167
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 16:07:28 (permalink)
    You should note that you can always install the plugins from previous Sonar installs. It's not a problem at all...up until recently I still had some effects and DXi's from Sonar XL loaded on my system.

This one goes to 11.

Sonar 8.5.3

Windows 7 (x64)
    Dell Precision Workstation T3500

Intel i7 2.4GHz Quad-core 12GB RAM
    MOTU HD192

attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 18:51:23 (permalink)

IMO, with the impulse used, Pristine Space sounded better. I'm running the 32bit install withouth the double precision engine enabled. Have you downloaded the 1.5 update for Pristine Space?

I have not downloaded the pristine space 1.5 version yet, but i will today or tommorow.Would you care to try running the 64bit engine then test both with same impulse?We both have established one thing here and that is they sound different,Although there suppose to be the same plugin.
    plyndanotes
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 19:03:31 (permalink)
    I think the space between my toes is perfect........after wearing shoes for a day ...yea.then id call it old pristine
    bapiano
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 74
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 19:04:26 (permalink)

Go to noisevault.com and check what the impulse geeks have to say over there. Many knowledgable people over there including Mr. CAPSlock himself.

Some very nice impulses to try too!

edit: Please excuse the mISSPELLING - it's cAPSLOCK!
    post edited by bapiano - 2005/10/14 19:19:09
    attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 19:29:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bapiano

Go to noisevault.com and check what the impulse geeks have to say over there. Many knowledgable people over there including Mr. CAPSlock himself.

Some very nice impulses to try too!

edit: Please excuse the mISSPELLING - it's cAPSLOCK!

I've known about noisevault for quite awhile but never really hung around the forum to check them out, But recently i've read alot of good posts about them including yours,I see i'm going to have to check them out now.Thanks!
    attalus
    RE: Perfect space vs pristine space 2005/10/14 22:45:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Skolnick

You should note that you can always install the plugins from previous Sonar installs. It's not a problem at all...up until recently I still had some effects and DXi's from Sonar XL loaded on my system.

I'll make sure i remember this.As long as i can install only the plugin and not the rest of the program, then this is great!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1