Using Battery wav.'s in Velocity

Author
nigel T
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
2005/10/15 13:11:14 (permalink)

Using Battery wav.'s in Velocity

I've got some really great NI Battery wav. files that I'm trying to use in Velocity but Velocity won't accept them when I navigate to the folder they are in. Is there a quick fix for this?

4 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Using Battery wav.'s in Velocity 2005/10/15 13:16:35 (permalink)
    Battery wav files are just standard wav files and you should have no problem loading them in...if you can let us know how you are going about trying to load them, then it will help to diagnose where the problem may be.
    nigel T
    RE: Using Battery wav.'s in Velocity 2005/10/15 13:29:00 (permalink)
    While in Velocity looking at an empty set:

-click on "load"
    -Velocity bank folder appears
    -From there I navigate to the Battery wav file folder (which I keep on my desktop)
    -At that point I simply click on 1 of 2 subfolders where the actual files are but the files won't open.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Using Battery wav.'s in Velocity 2005/10/15 14:29:01 (permalink)
    That bank folder will only load the native Velocity banks or LM4 text files, Erik, so you won't see the .wav files there. If you've loaded up the default (blank) instance, just click on an empty pad and a .wav-loading dialog will pop up. If you already have a bank loaded, use the Add, Repl, and Del buttons under Sample Edit Controls to manage your wavfiles.

There's a good chance that this won't be "plug 'n' play", Erik. If you have velocity layering in the original files, you'll have to manually reconstruct that in the Sample Layers window by adding the files and adjusting the velocity range [V:Lo; V:Hi; Gain]. Then adjust the "sample group" with the Tune, bit-decimation, and Start/End (read:Length) knobs in the Sample Edit Controls. Make sure to save your creations as a standard .p5d file when you've completed the process.

I should state that I don't have Battery here, so I'm operating under certain assumptions. HTH
    nigel T
    RE: Using Battery wav.'s in Velocity 2005/10/15 14:43:41 (permalink)
    just click on an empty pad and a .wav-loading dialog will pop up

Of course. Should have thought of that.

As far as the Velocity layering goes, I think what that means is that Velocity has a type of built in default setting for it's own banks and that nonindigenous wav files may need to be tweaked a bit to sound right. I'll check it out.

Thanks Tom.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1