Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5!

Author
cris_core
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 156
2005/11/04 15:34:06 (permalink)

Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5!

In the video MIDI and Instruments Video it says that PSYN II is completely automatable, however, as far as I can tell, it’s completely un-automatable. This synth is not nearly as useful to me if I can’t automate it.

5 Replies Related Threads

bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5! 2005/11/04 16:09:39 (permalink)
    I count 267 automatable parameters here via DX automation. How many do you need? They aren't exposed in the synth rack you have to use the F/X bin in an audio track.

Ben N. Moore
    cris_core
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 156
    RE: Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5! 2005/11/04 17:36:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bnmoore

I count 267 automatable parameters here via DX automation. How many do you need? They aren't exposed in the synth rack you have to use the F/X bin in an audio track.

Really? That’s crappy. Why can't I automate it if I insert it using the synth rack? I never insert softsynths in the F/X bin. Is their any reason to do this other that to see the automatable parameters for Synths like PSYN that don't expose them from the Synth rack? It seems odd that a synth that comes with Sonar is not automatable from the synth rack.
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5! 2005/11/04 17:39:23 (permalink)
    I count 267 automatable parameters here via DX automation. How many do you need? They aren't exposed in the synth rack you have to use the F/X bin in an audio track
    AFAICT, this isn't clearly documented in the manual. Or have I not looked in the right place? We need to remind the bakers that this kind of stuff should be easy to find.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    bnmoore
    RE: Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5! 2005/11/05 04:46:54 (permalink)
    Really? That’s crappy. Why can't I automate it if I insert it using the synth rack? I never insert softsynths in the F/X bin. Is their any reason to do this other that to see the automatable parameters for Synths like PSYN that don't expose them from the Synth rack? It seems odd that a synth that comes with Sonar is not automatable from the synth rack.

There have been many complaints about this for at least the last three versions of SONAR. I actually hadn't noticed that it was still the same in S5 until I went looking to map some CC's to the RXP filter loaded in the synth rack and couldn't.

Ben N. Moore
    bnmoore
    RE: Can’t Automate PSYN II in Sonar 5! 2005/11/05 04:52:04 (permalink)
    AFAICT, this isn't clearly documented in the manual. Or have I not looked in the right place? We need to remind the bakers that this kind of stuff should be easy to find.

I know it's been discussed here but other than reading Appendix C about new features and the V-Vocal information I haven't read that much of the manual. I actually noticed the PSYN II parameters in Forte Ensemble. It displayed them in columns of 32 so they were easy to count.

Ben N. Moore
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1