New Instrument Defs; What Tech Support Said

Author
imon_2nd
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2005/11/21 14:01:07 (permalink)

New Instrument Defs; What Tech Support Said

Hello All,

In addition to posting in this forum, I asked Cakewalk Tech Support how to tell MC2 what my Yamaha's PSR300's instruments are, since they are not General MIDI standard codes. They supplied a link to a page on this site that tells you how to create a new set of patches and define a new instrument for MC2:

"You may have to create the definition yourself. We do offer step by
step instructions on how to do so on our web site at
http://www.cakewalk.com/support/docs/instrumentdef.asp"

They also suggested I post a request on this forum to see if somebody has already built one. If not, I'll do it and submit the data to Cakewalk so they can add it to their FTP site's list of non-GM synth instruments downloads.

Cheers!

Dave

3 Replies Related Threads

millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: New Instrument Defs; What Tech Support Said 2005/11/21 18:16:15 (permalink)
    Any Music Creator user who has a "DEFINE" button in their options-instruments menu, please raise your hand.

Didn't we go through this before? Does PRO have the button? I know I sure don't - and I took the time to check all over again.
    The instructions look like the ones that work in the right program, but except for Ish's suggestion in the FAQ file, no one that I know of, has found tech support's procedures workable in Music Creator.

But who am I? - Certainly not tech support.

[note: in Dave's link you'll have to copy and paste into your browser address line and remember to DELETE the final "
    imon_2nd
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: New Instrument Defs; What Tech Support Said 2005/11/22 03:03:22 (permalink)
    Hi Bill,

I'll bet you're right. I could NOT follow the instructions Tech Support (Steve Cox) pointed me to because the 'define' button is missing from the dialogue box. I've emailed him to ask for further advice on this matter. It will be interesting to see what he says. Looks like I may have to buy a new keyboard.

Cheers!

Dave
    MusicLine
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 94
    RE: New Instrument Defs; What Tech Support Said 2006/01/01 13:36:18 (permalink)
    Any new developments here?

Imon_2nd, have you heard from the tech support yet?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1