Dimension+GPO vs. Dimension Pro patches

Author
NEALT
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/11/22 16:56:24 (permalink)

Dimension+GPO vs. Dimension Pro patches

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the patches that are included in Dimension Pro that I wouldn't already have in Dimension and Garritan Personal Orchestra? Want to see if it'd be worth spending $99.

Thanks!

Neal

2 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension+GPO vs. Dimension Pro patches 2005/11/22 19:40:53 (permalink)
    Garritan Personal Orchestra includes all the sample contents we've shipped in Dimension Pro, if we talk about raw samples. Garritan Pocket Orchestra is a subset of Garritan Pocket Orchestra, of almost 1GB.

The programming, however, it's very different: Dimension Pro includes many programs in different cathegories, which are using Garritan Pocket Orchestra samples. That's not limited to orchestral-type programs: there're Dimensions, Pads and other stuff using GPO samples as well. Also, we've doing some of the orchestral factory patches more 'pop' or 'hollywoód' sounding than their counterparts in Garritan Pocket Orchestra, mostly because of Dimension Pro profile.

The articulations in GPO were kept though, with a few changes. Legato, for instance, was implemented using the auto-legato detection technique on the sfz format. Dimension Pro will react to MIDI Expression control and Sostenuto pedal, and there're a few other minor differnces.

-René
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: Dimension+GPO vs. Dimension Pro patches 2006/07/14 03:23:14 (permalink)
    Wow!!!
    One quick post in November of '05 and he's gone!!!

Come Back NEALT!!!
    We Miss you so...
    ORIGINAL: René
    The articulations in GPO were kept though, with a few changes. Legato, for instance, was implemented using the auto-legato detection technique on the sfz format. Dimension Pro will react to MIDI Expression control and Sostenuto pedal, and there're a few other minor differences.

-René

Man, I'm so looking forward to the full version of GPO being brought out to Dimension Pro....er, that's still on right?
    post edited by MurderDethKill - 2006/07/14 03:33:59

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1