midi triggers

Author
danno99uk
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2005/12/03 06:00:12 (permalink)

midi triggers

Hello there - I'm still learing P5 v2 but I am beginning to become annoyed at how, when I record an audio track (ie. on my electric piano for example) you can't stop the midi signal from the same keyboard triggering one of the VST tracks in the project. Can someone tell me if there's a way to do this...?

thanks
D

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: midi triggers 2005/12/03 07:34:56 (permalink)
    you can't stop the midi signal from the same keyboard triggering one of the VST tracks
    Welcome to the forum, Danno, if I'm not repeating myself. Check to see if your MIDI Override button is enabled for that track. It'll funnel all incoming MIDI events to that track, and parallel with your audio track. One way around this automatically is to select MIDI Override Follows Current Track in the Options menu. Then, when you select your audio track, MIDI Override comes with it, even though it doesn't apply to the audio track.

There's several other "semi-permanent" ways to knock out the MIDI track temporarily. Change the MIDI transmit channel on the KB; change it in the VST's Track Inspector, or set the Port of that MIDI track to No Ports. Another quick fix: mute the VST track, or Solo the audio. How's that for options? <g>
    danno99uk
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: midi triggers 2005/12/06 16:19:08 (permalink)
    Hi there - thanks for the tips B Rock - glad it wasn't just me (it seemed such an obvious thing)!

D
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1