why are the vocals lagging behind?

Author
fanzzz
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
2005/12/05 21:42:15 (permalink)

why are the vocals lagging behind?

I am using a condensor mic and it was doing fine earlier, but now when I talk or sing into it--the thing makes my vocals come in like a second late(like an echo). Why? Latency, monitoring--what is the problem? I didn't have any effects on from what I could tell.

Also, I don't know why--but sometimes my mic will be plugged in and I will get no signal at all, but still can hear sound through the speakers...

Software glitch? This is getting really old. I need to be able to fly through recording and not get hung up on these issues.. Getting stuck for minutes at a time to figure out the mic or restart Music Creator 2 really stinks...

You should be able to change out mics or guitar inputs on your device and keep on recording, but when I try it on MC 2, then it seems to hang up and not show the signals and whatnot... Really annoying.

Anybody know?

Mr. Oliver

3 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: why are the vocals lagging behind? 2005/12/05 22:28:58 (permalink)
    As was mentioned below, please try adjusting the latency, under options / audio.

Then turn off anything in the input monitoring tab also under options.
    fanzzz
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 430
    RE: why are the vocals lagging behind? 2005/12/06 16:42:17 (permalink)
    I usually have the latency in-between fast and safe...

Got the vocals going. I think it was the input monitoring--it was enabled and jacking it up. Why do I want the input monitoring enabled anyways? What's the difference between that and the regular monitoring?

Well, thanks Roboman.

Mr. Oliver
    joeh20_444
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 865
    RE: why are the vocals lagging behind? 2005/12/06 17:25:53 (permalink)
    I actually have successfully used input monitoring before. It only works on sound cards with <10ms latency and it not be noticable. What it does is let you mute playback of what you're recording and play it instead in your software. The reason for this is mainly to listen to what you're going to record with effects already in. I don't recommend input monitoring (its very annoying to set up), and my card has effects on it anyway so I don't really need input monitoring.

Hope this helped or at least made sense.

Joe
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1