Problem with V-Vocal

Author
venktswr
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/12/08 00:49:10 (permalink)

Problem with V-Vocal

I am having a peculiar problem with v-Vocal clips that I have not had so far. When i try to convert some of my vocals tracks to a v-vocal clip, it processes it but does not display a wave form. I went through all sorts of settings and could not find any reason for this. My previous projects where v-vocals have worked successfully would still create v-vocal clips properly. in addition, i can convert some of the other clips in my recording into v-vocals. i am finding that anything new i am recording does not display the waveforem in the editor. i am wondering if i have mistakenly activated some setting that is interfering with v-vocal?

3 Replies Related Threads

venktswr
    RE: Problem with V-Vocal 2005/12/08 01:02:36 (permalink)
    i am actually noticing now that one of my tracks all of a sudden does not play any audio though its output is directed to my sound card's output just like all my other tracks. i cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong here. this may not be a v-vocal issue afterall.
    mistermac9
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Problem with V-Vocal 2005/12/08 20:24:54 (permalink)
    I have had this happen a couple times too. After creating the V-Vocal clip, the V-Vocal display showed a straight horizontal line where the wave form should be. And when I closed V-Vocal's display, Sonar's track view then showed a flat line too - no wave form - it was as if V-Vocal erased the wave. If I recall correctly, the clip was actually silent when I tried to play it. Doing an Undo "Create V-Vocal clip" restored the wave display in Sonar, as well as an audible clip - that is, back to where it started before trying to create a V-Vocal clip.

I don't remember for sure how I got around this. I think I may have saved the project, closed Sonar and restarted. Then the create V-Vocal clip worked.

I think it this a problem with V-Vocal, which is a great tool, but with a few bugs still in it.

venktswr
    RE: Problem with V-Vocal 2005/12/09 14:07:41 (permalink)
    Hmm. yes this is the same symptom i have, with no waveform showing. I restarted my computer and everything for this though and it still didnt do anything. Wierd that i hadnt ahd problems with it for so long and now i do. I guess there are still bugs to be fixed in this software.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1