Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?!

Author
Hoax
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/12/08 16:28:34 (permalink)

Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?!

Hey.
I´m kinda of freaking out here!
I went through the manual and these forums are way to big! I´ve searched some though.
I´m the most complete newbie to Sonar 5! Need Help!
So don´t make fun!
Two questions!
1º - I´d like to know how can I use the metronome in sonar while recording some track without it being recorded ON it (the track wich is being recorded)?
Any ideas?
Ok next similar question!
2º - How do I for instants record one track without also recording the other intentionally unmuted tracks wich start to play along with the recording when you push the record button?
Is this a routing problem?
Now.
I know this can be done cause it happens unintentionally when I use Guitar Rig to record while hearing Winamp! What winamp plays does not "get caught" in Guitar Rig recordings!
Sonar can reproduce this for sure! I wanna know how! I NEED to know how!
If it´s useful I have: a Pentium IV 3.0 GHz and a Creative SB live 5.1 with the KX project drivers (planning to get a X-Fi Platinum - is it any good for recording?)
All You great wizards of Sonar here my plea! It´d make life so much easier for me!
Please HELP ME and answer my basic questions will you?
Thanks so much!
Hoax.

6 Replies Related Threads

m11
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 417
    RE: Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?! 2005/12/08 16:31:05 (permalink)
    Turn off "record what you hear" in the soundblaster mixer
    Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?! 2005/12/08 16:31:08 (permalink)
    Turn off "What You Hear" in the Sound Blaster.

On edit: Damn! m11 beat me by 4 seconds.
    post edited by Phrauge - 2005/12/08 16:32:36
    m11
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 417
    RE: Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?! 2005/12/08 16:32:10 (permalink)
    4 seconds faster
    OffAnAirplane
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1386
    RE: Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?! 2005/12/08 16:36:59 (permalink)
    1º - I´d like to know how can I use the metronome in sonar while recording some track without it being recorded ON it (the track wich is being recorded)?

Turn your monitors off and use headphones when recording from a microphone in the same room as your monitors.

2º - How do I for instants record one track without also recording the other intentionally unmuted tracks wich start to play along with the recording when you push the record button?
    Is this a routing problem?

On the console view there is a button labeled "R" directly above each fader for each track. When you arm the track for recording by clicking that "R" button, it turns red. Only the tracks that have been armed for recording will be recorded when you press the record button. The rest of the tracks that you did not arm for recording will simply playback, unless they are muted.
    post edited by OffAnAirplane - 2005/12/08 16:38:52

Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
    Hoax
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?! 2005/12/08 16:54:53 (permalink)
    Wher do I do this? The mixer of the KX Project?
    Xp´s sound menu?
    In Sonar?
    Wow!
    That was fast!
    Hoax
    thomasabarnes
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3234
    RE: Recording with metronome without getting it on the trackand...?! 2005/12/08 22:36:48 (permalink)
    Hoax:

What version of the kX Driver are you using?

Clear the kX DSP and and make a custom DSP using all ProFX Plug Ins. Get the new ProFx Plugins for .3537, and .3538h here: http://driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=70261

The great thing about these new ProFX Plug Ins is that the ADC plugin is included. With it you can record from Mic and Line In sources simutaneously to separate track with Mono signals. You cant use Mic and Line In simutaneously with the Creative Labs drivers.

Load k1lt
    Load the MX6, connect MainL/R MX6 output to Analog Front Pins of k1lt
    Load 4 SRC (set them to FXBus 0/1, 2/3, 6/7, and 8/9), connect each to a channel on the MX6
    Load the ADC Plugin, connect to a MX6 channel
    Load the ASIO ProFX plugin, connect MX6 RecordL/RecordR to pins 0/1, 2/3, 6/7, and 8/9
    on the ASIO plugin

Open the MX6, check all M and E boxes, and turn all bottom sliders up. Whatever channel you want to record in SONAR, just place a check in the R box of that channel. For example, if you connected the ADC (Mic) to channel 1 of the MX6, place a check mark in the channel 1 R box to record the mic in SONAR. If there is no check mark in the R box, that channel cannot be recorded. So without a check mark in any of the ASIO channel connected to the MX6, that means those channels wont be recorded, so the metronome wont be recorded. (Of course any other tracks you arm will be recorded, too). Also note, as someone mentioned, you will have to use headphones and turn off the speakers, so the mic wont pick up the metronome from the speakers.

You now have ASIO playback and record ability for ASIO 0/1, 2/3, 6/7, and 8/9 in SONAR.
    Also note that the SRc you set to FXBus 2/3 is the ASIO 2/3 playback;It also carries the MIDI playback. So if you have that SRC connected to channel 3 of the MX6, checking the R box of channel 3 will enable you to record MIDI track to audio.

If you have any more questions, just post here.
    post edited by thomasabarnes - 2005/12/08 23:49:27

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1