{track} Play house

Author
crabtwins
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1460
2005/12/09 20:04:35 (permalink)

{track} Play house

What's up forum. It's been a while and I wouldnt say that this is very deep in the composition department. Also the acapella I use was actual vinyl that I havent had a chance to convert to wav and clean up, so you analog people might dig that. This is a dance cut reminiscent of my dj'ing days. THis kind of thing really drives people nuts in the Chicago area and the acapella is a style of music that came out of miami and ny back in the day. If you make it to the end of the song you can here the composition without vocals on it. I have just two breaks of a wild synth in two different spots. Again not a big deal some dippin and divin, and p5'in all the way.

Play house-Noel -Question
post edited by crabtwins - 2005/12/09 20:06:23

2 Replies Related Threads

agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    RE: {track} Play house 2005/12/09 20:55:57 (permalink)
    The synth lines and the vocal line don't sound like they're in the same key.... of course, that's probably not as important on a dance track as it might otherwise be. You're clearly a good singer so I'm assuming it's intentional.

there's a bunch of crackling... you might want to make sure of your levels pre-bounce... strap a limiter across the main bus if you haven't already.

All in all it's pretty good.
    post edited by agincourtdb - 2005/12/09 20:56:53

crabtwins
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1460
    RE: {track} Play house 2005/12/09 21:16:49 (permalink)
    aggie,

You have a good ear. I tried to mention the crackiling in the vinyl but I guess it didnt come across. I made this beat before i mixed the acapella on top of it. It was a last minute thing putting the acapella on top (which isnt me by the way, its' Noel). SOmething to take the monotony (sp?) out of the 4/4. But you caught everything that I didnt like about it. That synth and the vocals dont particularly match at all, more so the pace than the key, at least to me anyway. I just wanted to contribute something. Thanks for listenin though.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warning....snap crackle.........................pop

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1