Got DimPro... now what!?

Author
songsmyth
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 280
2005/12/10 15:10:44 (permalink)

Got DimPro... now what!?

Hi all,
Just to be sure I'm doing this right... do I first go to ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and remove the entry for Dimension DXi instrument?

If so, (then per another thread) I prepare the "instruments of sparking" - I then install DimPro... (yes, yes, perform the sparking ritual while waiting...) then does P5/S5 automatically find DimPro or do I have to do something first?

I appreciate any tips!

Cheers! David

P4, 2.26ghz, 2gb ram, 180+360gb 7200hdd, dual monitor system- fx5700Ultra, Audigy Platinum, inspire 5700 SRS system, Tascam 424MKIII&Porta05HS into SONAR 5PE / Adobe Audition / Project 5 V2 ...

6 Replies Related Threads

agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    RE: Got DimPro... now what!? 2005/12/10 15:22:00 (permalink)
    I didn't bother to remove Dimension before installing Dimension Pro.

As a Dxi, it will automatically show up, no need to run the adapter.

MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: Got DimPro... now what!? 2005/12/10 15:27:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: agincourtdb

I didn't bother to remove Dimension before installing Dimension Pro.

Unless you want to use it as a VSTi in other <gasp> hosts like Ableton Live, Logic, etc.

Sonar 5 will automatically find the VSTi, with other hosts you may have to point them to your Vst directory....

Aggie, the Best approach to installing Dimension Pro is reported here (click me).
    Especially if you have custom Patches, I would think...(I'm not saying your appraoch is incorrect, though).

edit: i need a new wireless keyboard, i think, (one with a built in spell-checker)
    post edited by MurderDethKill - 2005/12/10 15:32:29

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    RE: Got DimPro... now what!? 2005/12/10 15:37:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MurderDethKill

ORIGINAL: agincourtdb

Unless you want to use it as a VSTi in other <gasp> hosts like Ableton Live, Logic, etc.

But who would do such a thing???

maxthecat
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 647
    RE: Got DimPro... now what!? 2005/12/10 16:49:45 (permalink)
    I just got it the other night myself and loaded while leaving Dimension in place, no need to uninstall earlier version. It's a straight out of the box program, just load and use.
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Got DimPro... now what!? 2005/12/11 10:55:50 (permalink)
    I just installed Dpro 2 weeks ago. And to my surprise my p5 regular dimension is no where to be found. In sonar/inset dxi it only lists DPro. Not that I want the regular dimension to load. I did load up a p5p tune (Scot S) But it loaded in the Pro as default. There would be no need to use the older Dimension. So I just assume it overwrote the old dimension. But all is well here. Using an old project with a single midi recorded piano track I've got 7 instances of Pro/1 ds864 running with one lexi verb in the effects buss to share and I peak about 32%. Most are stock progs but 2 are home made. I started with Livesynthpro as my font player, and as you can imagine Dimension is more than a step up. I also have the Beta SFZ+ but I now prefer the Dimension. Ther are a few more knobs to tweak and well it performs better/sounds better. Cake smaked it out of the park with this tool ;)+)

Sonar 5- Vegas 6, Pentagon, Z3ta+ ,SFZ+ ,Fm7, Tassman3, Vocator, SoundForge 6, Vsampler 3, Project 5-2, Dimension Pro, Rapture and 2 kick ass DawBox machines:)+)
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Got DimPro... now what!? 2005/12/11 11:21:07 (permalink)
    Got DimPro... now what!?
    Prepare for an extended period of lost time with no recollection of the ensuing events.

I actually played by the rules this time, and installed as per Nick Haddad's advice. I backed up the custom additions, and uninstalled Dimension Semi-Pro. I will say that the custom stuff remained in the process, under Shared DXi\Dimension, but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Dimension Pro ends up in it's own Cakewalk sub-folder now (I believe I did everything by default in the installation, except the sample destination). Nick makes sense; it's meant to be an upgrade for P5 users, and you'd want those enhancements in any existing projects. Obviously, there's been some thought put into backwards-compatibility.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1