Anyone dithering @ 24 bit with ozone?

Author
pattor
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 194
2005/12/11 10:28:30 (permalink)

Anyone dithering @ 24 bit with ozone?

Ok. Rock. And roll.

This has been discussed a few times before. It's about printing 24 bit PCM files from Sonar.

I've been using Ozone on my master bus, with the master bus fader at zero. The Ozone has been set with de-activation of everything except from the 24 bit dithernoise. I've toggled between using types 1 and 2 on the dither noise. Never used any shaping of it.

I'm wondering - anybody else doing this and in that case: How do you use the option regarding using 1 or 2 LSB's? I've gone with one bit so far. Should I try two? Are there any scientific bull-bull regarding using 1 or 2 LSB when dithering before printing a 24 bit PCM (fixed) file?

Anyone knows?

With a dithered 24 bit file (fixed PCM) printed from Sonar, when the 24 bit dither has been applied, I hear the same sonic quality regardless what host (say Wavelab) that is playing the file. Exporting it to 24 bit fixed PCM without 24 bit dithering, often causes moments of surprises when playing the file in another host.

I believe in 24 bit dithering since the wordlength in Sonar is greater. Whenever going from this floating arcitechture to 24 fixed PCM bit files, I believe the dithering HAS to be there. Therefore it is a little sad, or perhaps weak, that Sonar has still not included an optional 24 bit dithering process in conjuction to the 16 bit dither options.

Well.

This story is endless.

God knows I've tried

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1