Mixing frequency questions

Author
Bluuzer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
2005/12/12 11:31:53 (permalink)

Mixing frequency questions

I am using Beta Monkey drum loops. They sound a little nasal. Is there a way to clear them up?

Also, my Bass guitar frequency is way off. The wife said it was so bad that her ear drums were vibrating while listening to it in her car. The bass is overwhelming but I am not sure whether I need to EQ up or down.

Is the EQ with GTP3 any good?

2 Replies Related Threads

montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    RE: Mixing frequency questions 2005/12/12 16:00:17 (permalink)
    Well yeah, but you want to make sure that levels/ frequencies being recorded in the first place are as good as they can be. If you know what I mean, you can't press a bass sensitive mic against the mesh of your boomy bass amp and hope to EQ it all later on. I don't know if you're making sure the initial recording/ sound is as good as you can get it
    GPM
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 396
    RE: Mixing frequency questions 2005/12/12 18:28:34 (permalink)
    I use Beta Monkey drums and don't find them "nasal" sounding at all. What kind of speakers / headphones are you mixing on? As for the bass, you may want to check your volume settings first. If you are running the bass through a mixer, check to see that the eq is flat during recording. Try to get a good bass sound before you even touch the record button. Also, if you are mixing down on speakers with poor bass response you may be boosting the bass way too high during the mixing process. One last thing, using compression on bass is very common. Try adding some compression to even out the sound of the bass.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1