An everything Dimension SFZ collection

Author
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
2005/12/13 10:04:38 (permalink)

An everything Dimension SFZ collection

I'm probably opening up a can of worms (or work) for somebody, but would it be possible to collect all the info (maybe a tutorial?) on working with SFZ into one spot - such as this instruments forum? Right now we got everything scattered all over the place - here, P5 forum, P5 site, krv. I'm trying to make some sense of SFZ, but it has been a long time, partner, since I've messed with music and text. It seems like there is a lot one can do with SFZ, but I'm more of a knob twiddler - I'm just that kind of boy. Even a sticky at the top with links for everything would help.

My own interest is in wave table/sequencing type synthesis - I've always loved the ppg/waldorf sound, and have an Ensoniq FIZMO. I'd be happy to fool around with it, if I wasn't trying to write in the dark.

Thanks for any ideas on the subject(s).
post edited by AT - 2005/12/13 11:40:04

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

12 Replies Related Threads

amac
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 16:43:47 (permalink)
    I believe the p5 wiki is going to become the resource you desire. The great thing about that is you can add to it yourself for all our benefits as you learn. I downloaded the opcode listings and learn from looking at other sfz's (dimension brought a bunch!!) Still waiting for Rene' to publish the new specs.
    amac
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 16:53:43 (permalink)
    I just checked the wiki, look in the dimension tutorials for some info. Perhaps sfz will merit it's own area there someday.
    b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 17:15:51 (permalink)
    would it be possible to collect all the info (maybe a tutorial?) on working with SFZ into one spot
    I'm not taking this one, Dale. You take it.
    Hey, I've got a great idea! Toss it to that guy named Rene ...

OK, maybe a wavetable tute ... but that's it! Oh, and the three flavors of RPG, and the MIDI Matrix, and the EG's, and the ...
    OK, but I'm not organizing them. I mean it. <g>
    AT
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 18:44:48 (permalink)
    methinks he doth protest too much!

I look forward to it. You didn't want too much time off for Christmas, did you.

Thanks,

@
    post edited by AT - 2005/12/13 18:46:41

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 19:26:34 (permalink)
    That'd be really cool. I'll help with this of course.

Right after I come back from this little three-months Bahamas trip I'm deserving, that is

-René
    AT
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 19:28:50 (permalink)
    collecting samples for a carribean demension, no doubt.

lawapa
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 21:04:58 (permalink)
    Now that sounds like a vacation to me. 3 months of fun in the sun and all the samples you can snag for a regga Dimension. Man you must have pull to get a plum assignment like that ;)+)

But then, a more worthy recipiant is no where to be found.
    b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/13 21:08:48 (permalink)
    Right after I come back from this little three-months Bahamas trip I'm deserving, that is
    I'm assuming this is T.I.C. Three months off, Rene? What ... did you give birth to triplets?
    On the off chance this is true, I'll meet you in Nassau. Pina coladas/rum runners on me.
    Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/14 05:05:59 (permalink)
    I'm not taking this one, Dale. You take it.

Fine then, I will. I got the hint ages ago… I think it's fair to say that I'm probably more Dimension/sfz monogamous than you anyway. I know what you've been doing to that Ion, out there at the swamp. Just don't laugh at me if I go belly up…

Hey, I've got a great idea! Toss it to that guy named Rene ...

Nah, leave him out of it. He can do the proof-reading and let the info trickle out but I reckon we let him go on that scuba diving junket before chaining him back to his CPU & peripherals. I dunno exactly what he's gonna do next but I'm pretty sure he's put his professional soccer playing aspirations on indefinite hiatus!

As for this crap about a holiday, tell him he's dreaming. He better bloody well drop off sfz v2.0 Test Suite 2 & 3 if he's gonna catch the next bullet train out of town… otherwise the geeks will eat themselves alive! 3 months is 1/4 of year for crying out load! The Earth would stop spinning…
    René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/14 09:01:19 (permalink)
    I'm assuming this is T.I.C. Three months off, Rene? What ... did you give birth to triplets?
    On the off chance this is true, I'll meet you in Nassau. Pina coladas/rum runners on me.

Triplets... hehe. Comparable, yes. Anyways, no it's unfortunately not true, not true. But it's true that I deserve it. I think.

As for this crap about a holiday, tell him he's dreaming. He better bloody well drop off sfz v2.0 Test Suite 2 & 3 if he's gonna catch the next bullet train out of town… otherwise the geeks will eat themselves alive! 3 months is 1/4 of year for crying out load! The Earth would stop spinning…

Come on Dale. You didn't even finish checking out the first bunch yet
    I'd love to do this myself, but I can't really write decent english. I'll be all up to help, read, comment, expand and add of course.

-René
    Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2005/12/15 03:30:56 (permalink)
    Come on Dale. You didn't even finish checking out the first bunch yet

That's a little presumptuous… You want proof? Okay, I'm ready to sit the Test Suite #1 exam… “Hit me with your best shot… Fire away!”

Glad to hear you're not leaving us for a poolside life just yet.
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: An everything Dimension SFZ collection 2006/01/19 16:32:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: amac
    Still waiting for Rene' to publish the new specs.

Ok, he's back from Vacation, Rapture and Dimension Pro 1.1 are on the horizon, Where's the new sfz specs?

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1