Help--Audio screwed up after exporting!

Author
maikii
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 525
2005/12/14 01:20:35 (permalink)

Help--Audio screwed up after exporting!

Using Sonar 4.04.

A piece, all MIDI, all tracks using plug-in softsynths.

The string track is assigned to Garritan Personal Orchestra. It is very legato, long held notes, no space between notes.

When I export the entire MIDI file to audio, some of the notes in the string part are cut short, they do not sustain to their full value (in the resulting .WAV file.) When I play the Sonar MIDI file, the string part sustains as it should. BUt listening to the exported .wav, many notes are cut short. Why?

I tried exporting only that string track, to see if it still had that problem. Yes, it was as bad or worse.

I next tried freezing the GPO synth (only that string track was assigned to GPO), which created an exported audio track inside the Sonar file. On listening to just that exported audio track (everything else muted), again some of the string notes were cut shorter than their actual value.

What could be causing this shortening of note values in exported audio? How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.

3 Replies Related Threads

Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Help--Audio screwed up after exporting! 2005/12/14 01:24:37 (permalink)
    Have you tried deselecting the Fast Bounce option before freezing/bouncing/exporting?
    maikii
    RE: Help--Audio screwed up after exporting! 2005/12/14 01:41:15 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Phrauge

Have you tried deselecting the Fast Bounce option before freezing/bouncing/exporting?

What difference would that make, other than make it take longer? (I assumed that option was only for bouncing/freezing in any case, not exporting.)

Why would a real-time export/bounce work better?
    maikii
    RE: Help--Audio screwed up after exporting! 2005/12/14 03:19:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Phrauge

Now I have tried that, and I think it did help the described problem of shortened notes.

However, now the timing is way off, not at all tight, the sync between the different tracks (although bounced to one wav file) is bad.

What could be causing this? I thought such a bounced audio file would avoid the problems of real-time playback, in that the softsynths and effects don't need to be processed in real time, the sound is calculated to create one audio file.

What is causing problems with audio exporting?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1