Really Confused - Drum Beats

Author
TArlow
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/12/20 22:59:10 (permalink)

Really Confused - Drum Beats

My songs have all been blueprinted in GuitarPro and I can export my song (or different instrument parts) as a MIDI. I plan to record my guitar and vocals using seperate software, then export these in MP3 or WAV format. The Big Question is:

Can the MIDI drum line (from GuitarPro) be converted into real sounding Audio Drums?

I also use a lot of Keyboard/Synth/Bass in GuitarPro - Can I also convert these MIDI files into Audio?

The MIDI on GuitarPro obviously doesn't sound great, I don't need my tracks to sound awesome, they just have to hold their own while backing the guitar and vocals.

I'm really confused, I'm not sure what software or hardware to buy, what's the most cost efficient, etc. Any help would be very appreciated, Thanks you so much,

2 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Really Confused - Drum Beats 2005/12/21 12:45:40 (permalink)
    1. you are not in the guitar pro forum, we don't know that much about it, however

2. If you want to buy more software, then get an upgrade to Home Studio XL and you will not need to upgrade any more, then use the sound fontplayer to make the midi drums sound great.
    post edited by Robomusic - 2005/12/21 12:47:49

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Really Confused - Drum Beats 2005/12/21 14:02:45 (permalink)
    I assume you are not talking about Cakewalk's Guitar Track Pro, right? If you are using a program that can export the song as a midi file, you can import the midi file into Music Creator, run it through a soft synth and have better sounding drums. Or, you can get a sound font player like Robo said.

You would be able to import any midi file into MC and convert the midi's to audio for export to mp3, wav, realplayer.... You can have both audio and midi tracks in the same project with Music Creator. So, you can import your midi files, then record your vocals and guitar with MC - you wouldn't need to buy any other program.

Music Creator is definitely cost efficient, and will do what you need it to do. But, once you get it (or, for that matter, any recording software), you will always find ways to spend more money on plug-ins, hardware, software. You will discover so many things you just gotta have. You've been warned.

Jeff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1