??? on how to delete part of a single track

Author
gtr1963
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2005/12/21 16:43:41 (permalink)

??? on how to delete part of a single track

I've recorded a rthythm, lead, drum track on Music creator. I want to delete the last part of the rthythm track, but keep everything(lead, drums). How do go about doing this. I read on the music creator help on how to delete measures, but it still doesn't make any sense. Anyone have any easier ideas on deleting parts of tracks? I apologize if this has been answered previously. If so, just direct me to where it's answered.

Thanks,

Andy

3 Replies Related Threads

bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: ??? on how to delete part of a single track 2005/12/21 17:11:32 (permalink)
    It was answered this morning:

Set the Now Time to the start of the section that you want to delete and right click. Select Split Track in the box that pops up. A second window will pop up - fill in the boxes for whatever you want. Now set the now time to the end of the section that you want to delete and repeat the above. You will now have a new clip containing the material you want to delete. Select the new clip and delete it.

When you play the track again, you may hear some pops or clicks where you split the track. To minimize or avoid the pops, you should split tracks where the wave form crosses the horizontal line in the track view. You may have to zoom in really close and turn off the snap to grid feature (little window pane looking box in the bottom right of the screen) to make an accurate split. I personally try splitting with the snap to grid feature on and see if the pops are there before I futz with this method.

Jeff
    fixerman
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 386
    RE: ??? on how to delete part of a single track 2005/12/21 22:15:16 (permalink)
    I just select the track, add the split and then drag the ends to where I want the deletion added. Then I hit save to keep it. Ans it's all in the edit history too if you need to go back and recall the deletion. Saves time for me. Aloha...
    bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: ??? on how to delete part of a single track 2005/12/22 00:06:28 (permalink)
    Ooooo, sweet move. I'll have to try that!

Jeff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1