AUDIO PROBLEM WITH HOME STUDIO 04 AND DIMENSION PRO!

Author
GrilledTuna
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2005/12/25 01:30:05 (permalink)

AUDIO PROBLEM WITH HOME STUDIO 04 AND DIMENSION PRO!

I successfully installed both DVDs and the Dimension Pro folder seems to be in the right place(C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro). The recording program I am using is Home Studio 2004. When I run Home Studio 2004 I am able to access the Dimension Pro controls for an audio track. However when my MIDI keyboard is streamed through the track with the Dimension pro program on, I hear no sound. The Dimension Pro effect takes out all the sound in a track and I hear nothing, even when I have clearly recorded waves. All other affects such as Home Studio effects and even Alien Connections Revalver SE work fine as they always have.

If that is hard to understand here is an example: I open a project in Home Studio 2004 that has plenty of recorded tracks. I right click the Fx on an audio track, choose Dxi Synth, then dimension pro and load a program. Then when I try and playback the track with the Dimension Pro effect, there is no sound.

I am not sure if this is a directory, sound card, channel, or MIDI controller issue.

2 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: AUDIO PROBLEM WITH HOME STUDIO 04 AND DIMENSION PRO! 2005/12/25 13:13:03 (permalink)
    Do you still have the audio engine running showing. Sometimes when I load up a dxi synth that has to access samples the engine will reset to off. To hear sound again I need to click on the box to turn it on.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: AUDIO PROBLEM WITH HOME STUDIO 04 AND DIMENSION PRO! 2005/12/25 17:23:10 (permalink)
    If that is hard to understand here is an example: I open a project in Home Studio 2004 that has plenty of recorded tracks. I right click the Fx on an audio track, choose Dxi Synth, then dimension pro and load a program. Then when I try and playback the track with the Dimension Pro effect, there is no sound.

It looks like you're trying to patch Dimension Pro like if it were an effect, while it's a synth. You need to route a MIDI track into it so you get sound out of it. You can follow the same procedure you follow with any of the included instruments in SHS.

Hope this helps.

-René
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1