HELP NEW USER

Author
steve l
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2005/12/29 04:25:45 (permalink)

HELP NEW USER

Hi i just received MC from Santa,

i have a sy85 connected to a midisport 1x1 MIDI to usb cable to the pc.

i could only get sound if i had the cable attached to the synth on in and thru now i'm getting a spilt second lag when i hit a key, which is very annoying. i am surprized it took this long to just get a sound without me throwing it through a window! i am no way a computer expert and am getting confused when i look on the input and output windows do i highlight the "usb device" on the input which i assume is the midisport cable - i installed a soundcard a few months back and shut down the one which was hardwired in the pc.

I really want this to work - please tell me its gonna be ok and you know the answer cos this lag is really fxxxing me orf!

2 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: HELP NEW USER 2005/12/29 13:04:54 (permalink)
    The lag can be caused by one of two things. 1. go to options audio and find the buffering slider slide it to fast and see if that helps, if the system then crackles and pops slide it one notch toward slow at a time until it steadys up. Note if you are going to use a hardware synth or keyboard to play the midi data, then you can go with the WDM drivers and not use MME. this will help a lot. 2. go to options / Audio / Input monitoring, and make sure nothing is highlighted in the white box

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    steve l
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: HELP NEW USER 2005/12/30 06:57:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for your help - i will investigate this tonight -

i was thinking of buying a emu 0404 soundcard so i can just plug straight into the
    pc and i saw that it monitors latency.

on a happy note - i was learning from the tutuoral 1 last night and amazed at the
    sounds finally coming out of my pc ! i just hope i can rid myself of this lag and start
    producing music and not curse the day i brought this dig my tascam portaone out of the loft!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1